The One 'Do I Buy This', 'What Do I Buy', 'I'm Looking For' Thread

Azezel

Jun 3, 2013
Hi Azezel. The HiSense Sero 7 is the is the first tablet for this Chinese conglomerate, so nobody knows about the service record. However, as far as their cheap large-screen TVs are concerned their track record leaves a lot to be desired.
Ed

It's not a bad Tablet though sometimes it does get a little slow like when I'm looking at Playstore one screen will fuse with another one and then will go back. Or when I look at pictures flipping through them and the first picture tends to go slow but then it speeds up.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
It's not a bad Tablet though sometimes it does get a little slow like when I'm looking at Playstore one screen will fuse with another one and then will go back. Or when I look at pictures flipping through them and the first picture tends to go slow but then it speeds up.

Hi Azezel. How's the battery life so far on your new PRO? Is it better than what you had with the old one?
Ed

Azezel

Jun 3, 2013
It is supposed to be 7 hours on games and movies but 10 hours over WiFi on the internet.
However I have noticed a slow down on play store I clicked on a screenshot and it almost took a minute to appear. Is there a way to make your tablet faster again or an app to diagnose the problems? What does back up and restart or whatever it"s called in settings do?

raven_g20

Jul 12, 2013
Hello everyone,

I joined your very informative and impressive forum hoping i can slowly start to familiarize myself into the world of tablets:) But in order to do that i need to have one:)
So i decided to search a bit and found a lot of sites tbh that have low-priced android tablets. My price range is from 200-250€. The thing is though when i started reading reviews or watching them on yt i realized that almost all tablets have "lag issues".

My cousin has a ipad 2 and i just love the smoothness and lag free especially when you browse "heavy" web pages or load programs or read books either in pdf format or other etc etc. Since i am not and will never be fan of apple i decided to get a android. At first i thought the Cube U9GTV Quad-core seemed nice and fast by reading reviews but i read that it has a terrible WiFi range. Then i looked and the PIPO but it has a very low resolution compared to the CUBE and so on and so forth.

So i am confused and would like your personal opinion from experience on which one to get. The thing that i am most interested about is to have a large screen 9.7" + and ofc no lag issues. If you have another tablet to suggest please do so. Thank you in advance.

Gary

RlynnSII

Jul 12, 2013
Good Morning All,
I am looking for a tablet for my daughter's birthday, she will be 10. But I got her an Ipod last year (used - and idk at the time cuz I was a newbie to this world, finally figuring it all out, lol- but it was a 2nd generation) and she couldn't get any apps that all her friends had.
So, enough of my complaining and my apologies :)
She will be using Netflix, Youtube, some gaming, camera, google play, :) , I'd like for the screen size to be at least 8" she wants the 9" but we'll take what we can get. And my price range is around $125..
I've actually found 2 that fall into those categories but I'm not sure of them.. any advice or do u have better suggestions?
Also, we live in Cincinnati, Ohio..
Thanks So Much!!

Kaser Net's Go2 9" Android 4.0 Tablet (Bundle actually comes with keyboard, and case for $105) from Kmart online

Nextbook 8" Tablet with 8GB Memory and Google Mobile Services from Walmart

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hi, Rlynn.

Welcome to the Forum.

Both tablets are excellent choices as kids' gifts. I would go with the E Fun Nextbook 8" tab because it has the newer Jelly Bean OS and, if your daughter doesn't like it, you could always take it back to Walmart.

Ed

Last edited:

equitube

Apr 19, 2013
(Update, I bought a Pipo S1 (RK3066) for $85 and liked it a lot except it froze and crashed all the time. I rooted it, installed Cyclone Voyager custom ROM, Kasky build) and the thing was rock solid stable, never crashed, super fast. (So fast it 'ran' out the door last week with a 'friend' who sold it.

I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy tab 3 light\and can't wait 4 it to get here.

HI, Steven here. I'm looking for a cheap chinese tablet that will at least run for a while as I"m an out of work IT pro trying to learn how to administer/program Android. my sis purchased 2 tabs (9.2" sgl core) and I was impressed at what they did for the price. I'm looking for a bit more performance so a few questions:

1) Quad core for under $100. I've found an allfine fine 7 genius w/ a ATM7029 chip for $87. only has 8gb ram though (or is it rom on these things). Is it worth another $30 to get a 16gb? or $x for a 32gb? How much difference does it make.

2) What chips are better performers? I read a review that claimed one of the rockchip dual cores outperformed quad cores. I don't know these processors and am looking for fast web surfing, streaming some video and music. I really don't game.

3) Which are more customizable? I"ve just started to read about rooting etc. Another main purpose of this tablet is to 'tear it down' software/firmware wise at least.

4) My budget is very low right now. sub $150 probably until I get a new venture off the ground (fancy talk for 'I'm broke')

I realize I could probably find all these answers if i'd just Read The Forum. but i've been online all day on a 13 y.o. laptop (that I just completely dis/re assembled and brought it back from the dead, yet again) . Any advice/assistance would be much appreciated.

I dont' want to sound callous, but I'd appreciate technical advice from a user much more than a sales rep, this is the first forum I"ve come across that seems to have not a lot of 'ad copy' answers (I sell and service technical items too so wholesale reps are welcome to contact me, I have a vast, relatively un'tableted' market where I am and a loyal client base) Thanks.

Last edited:

MartyK

Jul 20, 2013
Hey guys
I'm interested in buying a new tablet. One of the Chinese ones.
Happy to spend a max of $300.
I'm looking for one with 2048 x 1536 resolution. Processor faster than 1.5 Ghz. At least 2GB Memory. Must have Built in 3G so i can use GPS? Though can i still use GPS without the need of 3G? If so thats good and i'll buy one without the need of built in 3G.
Rear camera of 5MP doesn't matter about the front.

So far ive found the Pipo M6 to match these specs but i'm a little concerned about doing so because im not clued up on what the best CPU is for these things?
I want something which would be the best or one of the best there is on the market which can handle most videos smoothly... So anything up to 1080p?
I know there are many software players out there which can handle high quality video but i'd also like one with good hardware to handle the videos well too.

Freelander PD800 and the Pipo M6 seem to be the ones meeting those above requirements unless anyone can suggest anything better?
I'd also like to add my preferred screen sizes are anything above 9.7"

Gsensor also.

The sites ive checked are Aliexpress, Alibaba, DHGate, Buyincoins, Focalprice, DX.com, spmall.com, Ebay, Amazon, Taobao, Pandawill, Androidtabletbay.

Thanks guys.
Mart

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hey Mart, seems like just a few days ago you were looking forward to rooting that Bauhn and you're already looking for something else.:rolleyes: Either of the two you've narrowed it down to should be fine, but, based on popularity here on the forum, I'd lean towards the Pipo. If/when you ever have a problem, the more folks you can turn to for help the better.:cool:

MartyK

Jul 20, 2013
Hey!

Spider thanks very much for your reply!

This new tablet is actually going to be for my Dad lol.
But if he likes it i might even sell mine and get one like his!
Thanks very much indeed for the reply there so Pipo is probably favored?

Take care,

Mart.

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
Happy to spend a max of $300.
I'm looking for one with 2048 x 1536 resolution. Processor faster than 1.5 Ghz. At least 2GB Memory. Must have Built in 3G so i can use GPS? Though can i still use GPS without the need of 3G? If so thats good and i'll buy one without the need of built in 3G.
Rear camera of 5MP doesn't matter about the front.

Not asking for much, are ya? :D

I understand wanting to save a few cents and have bleeding-edge tech at the same time, but have you considered scaling back the wish list a little and buying a domestically known brand like Lenovo or Samsung instead? If I were going to buy from China, I'd probably rather get established mid-tier tablet tech than cutting edge as I haven't had good experiences with the generic tablets over there.

MartyK

Jul 20, 2013
Not asking for much, are ya? :D

I understand wanting to save a few cents and have bleeding-edge tech at the same time, but have you considered scaling back the wish list a little and buying a domestically known brand like Lenovo or Samsung instead? If I were going to buy from China, I'd probably rather get established mid-tier tablet tech than cutting edge as I haven't had good experiences with the generic tablets over there.

Yes. Ur right im probably having too high expectations! I guess he's just after the best there is on the market in china so like... a full function tablet.
Otherwise yes like you say a samsung tablet might be the go!

What sort of price would i be looking at?

I'm guessing around $2000?

Thanks for the reply!

MrOmen13

Jul 29, 2013
Hello,

I am looking for a tablet that has the following attributes:
• ~7.1" touchscreen
• Single physical button on the front of the device
• Wireless communication capability
• Android OS
• NFC capability
~$500 budget

There are so many tablets out there but I have been having trouble locating what I am looking for. Is there some place that has updated lists of current offerings? Does anyone know if what i am looking for exists?
Thanks in advance!

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
It's been awhile since I've looked at tablets so I'm looking for a recommendation.

I'm looking for the cheapest possible tablet at a 7" inch size used for reading documents, home network access and some possible web browsing.

Basically I'm a tabletop gamer and I'm converting my library to digital format which will be kept on a network drive. I'm looking to have 2-3 cheap (sub $100 is possible) tablets that can be used for me and my players to be able to access files from the network drive for reference when necessary. I'll also probably use them around the house for casual reading from time to time as well.