the Power/Battery/Charger thread

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I have just received an Energizer XP 18000 (check out xpalpower.com) and wow what a piece of kit. I'm right now using it with a 1-4 USB adapter and I'm charging the S7, my cellphone and my netbook at the same time!
I paid £89 ($135) for it from ebay UK. I's light and recharges from empty in about 3/4 hours and has solved all my power difficulties.

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
The Li-ion battery is fine left on the charger as long as you use the correct charger.
@pbrauer. Thanks! I have left it overnite on the charger that came with it. Heard not a good idea for laptop batteries to be left on continuous charge.

smartin

Jan 31, 2011
Just saw this Kinsington car charger @ Buy.com--currently $9.45 after rebate w/ free shipping (also available @ Amazon for $21). edit: I just checked the rebate, and it's for Buy.com ONLY. Ends 21 Feb.

Link: Buy.com - Kensington PowerBolt

$216233802.jpg

I like that it has two USB output jacks--one @ 2.1A for the S7 and one @ 1A for my cell.
Now, who has a source for a USB male--3.2mm male cable??
I plan to get a Duracell 3-in-1 charger, so I guess that will get me one, but I'd like another.
Steve
pencil.png

Attachments

• $Kensington Car Charger.JPG
    $Kensington Car Charger.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:

smartin

Jan 31, 2011
Just checked @ Walmart and the Duracell 3-in-1 charger for Motorolla/Blackberry has dumped the 3.2mm tip. It still sports the same model number (du-1813) but now has mini USB, Micro USB, and some goofy wide iPod-looking thing.
Here's the current link w/picture from Walmart.com

Now I REALLY do need a source for a 3.2/USB cable. The other AndroidTablets.net charger thread had a Gomadic option, but it's $18 plus shipping. That seems completely over the top for a USB cable with a barrel tip to me. Does anyone else have a source; or will I have to break out the soldering iron? :)

Steve

Oh, by the way... I did pick up the Radio Shack Enercell 5v, 2.5A adaptor #2730411 today. It's up to about $23 and includes one free tip (Tip "G" is 3.0mm, but works in S7). The Radio Shack guy didn't know of a source for USB/3.2 tip cable either.

raynardo

Mar 23, 2011
I picked up a Powerline universal power adapter (model 90303) at my local Batteries Plus store today, $12. 99 plus tax. It included the correct tip for the S7. Works great.

Sent from my Ideos S7

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I picked up a Powerline universal power adapter (model 90303) at my local Batteries Plus store today, $12. 99 plus tax. It included the correct tip for the S7. Works great.

Sent from my Ideos S7

Did you ever receive the Magellan AC adaptor you ordered off ebay? If so how did it work and why did you pursue the Powerline. Not inclined to go powerline because they don't have a good rep regarding reliability, don't want to use a variable voltage adaptor because it would be to easy trash the S7 if the voltage setting was inadvertently left in the wrong position, and finally the amperage of the model 90303 is less than the 1A minimum required to reliably and simultaneously charge and operate the the S7. Thanks in advance for any info.

[edit] see you only ordered the Magellan a few days ago. Still interested why you went for the Powerline even with the Magellan on order. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2011
Did you find out where we might purchase extra batteries, or compatible batteries??? Thanks! (BTW: The battery in my brand new S7 is only good for 1.5 hours, on mixed usage.)

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
Thanks for the DX request.
I ordered 3 to get the bulk discount.
They work great.
After charged, I keep them for swap-out.
They seem to hold their charge quite well.

nicomccart67

May 30, 2012
May the force be with you...
I need help can you please help me your hyperlink doesnt work for me and I had to register here to speak to you can you please let me know how to get the charger I have bought ones from Amazon and it isnt the rtight ones and I was told by tmobile and the manufacture they cant help me. Please do you have a link I can get to to buy the right one please I am desperate and really in need:)