the Power/Battery/Charger thread

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I also have the XP4001. Got it for around $25 at Office Max in clearance. Had to order the additional tip since the cable I bought from Dealextreme would not fit the S7. My $4 2000ma car charger from Ebay on the other hand works perfectly. I used it to try navigation on the S7. Ndrive works great, but I find the S7 way to big. It won't replace my TomTom anytime soon. But I digress.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I also have the XP4001. Got it for around $25 at Office Max in clearance. Had to order the additional tip since the cable I bought from Dealextreme would not fit the S7. My $4 2000ma car charger from Ebay on the other hand works perfectly. I used it to try navigation on the S7. Ndrive works great, but I find the S7 way to big. It won't replace my TomTom anytime soon. But I digress.

Yeah I think I looked at the XP4001 because of a previous post of yours (I had the SP2000 originally). Liked the dual USB ports, higher capacity and higher output current rating vs. the SP2000, plus w/o the solar panels etc, it was less bulky to carry around. I still keep the SP2000 in my car at all times for emergency backup.

With regards to GPS - Funny I actually like the larger form factor of the S7 (maybe my aging eyes) and use Google Maps all the time. Keep my Garmin Nuvi 295W as a backup when I don't have connectivity for G-Maps.

blueman

Jan 9, 2011
I found this on ebay for $44 free ship no tax. Seems a little big but has 4000mAh, 2 USB ports, home/car charger and no need to worry about tips. Plus it doubles as a inverter/portable battery. Just ordered it so I'll let u know when it comes.

$Er-Fly.jpg

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
Just picked up the Duracell 3 in 1 charger for Motorola/Blackberry @ walmart for $15 and it seems to be working fine... Construction quality of the wall outlet/jack seems a bit cheap, a piece of it broke off when i was taking it out of the package :-|

475bc692-c035-44ec.jpg
475bc692-c03c-1fc3.jpg
475bc692-c042-66c4.jpg

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

gurduiala

Jan 7, 2011
I tried to look online for it, but cant find :(

any way u can get the item number? Sku?

i got same but payed twice @ staples

Just picked up the Duracell 3 in 1 charger for Motorola/Blackberry @ walmart for $15 and it seems to be working fine... Construction quality of the wall outlet/jack seems a bit cheap, a piece of it broke off when i was taking it out of the package :-|

475bc692-c035-44ec.jpg
475bc692-c03c-1fc3.jpg
475bc692-c042-66c4.jpg

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010

Problem is the specs show the output current max's out at 500mA. You really need at least 1000mA output current for the power source to adequately charge the battery while continuing to operate the S7. Interesting though that the power source may come with a compatible motorola adapter plug and not a bad price for a 6000mA-H battery that can be used with a lot of other portable electronic devices.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Nice - can source enough current plus like the selectable output voltage for other devices (though that could prove disastrous if you don't select the right voltage for your device. Just make sure that when you are using it to power/charge the S7 that the S7 is the only device hooked up to it (leave the other USB port unused) so that it can source full current through the single USB port.