The Tablets of CES

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Engadget has put together a nice little table of the tablets being shown off at CES, what version of Android they'll have, what CPU, release month and (if available) price range.

Tablets at CES 2011: Honeycomb, Windows 7, and all the rest -- Engadget

If you're considering buying in 2011, this might help you decide how soon you want to jump into a new tablet.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I was looking at that too, but then I saw them recommend the Notion Ink ಠ_ಠ

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
The Asus tabs look really nice. The 10" transformer is very thin. Love the ability to dock to the keyboard to become a laptop. The ips screen looks very bright with great viewing angles. I think this has taken over as current top dog on my wish list. For now. The Asus 7" tab looks real nice too.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The hardware looks okay on paper for the Notion Ink, but I really do not like what they are doing to the software.

JGreen7

Jan 13, 2011
The Eden UI? I like that they're at least trying something new, there's so many tablets announced that are shipping with stock Froyo without making any efforts to take advantage of the tablet format.

scribble

Jan 3, 2011
I think the Xoom was my fav. If I ever get frustrated with my pandigital, I will probably go with that

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
I have pandigital now, but it's just a kids toy compared to XOOM.

Can't wait until it comes out.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
About what those guys Notion Ink are doing, I don't think it's a good idea at all, especially with Honeycomb coming around. Check out the interview of Matias Duarte: Exclusive interview: Google's Matias Duarte talks Honeycomb, tablets, and the future of Android -- Engadget

The Xoom really doesn't interest me because the hardware isn't really anything new. Plus they want to lock people into data plans, which I think it absurd for most end-users but is a good tree of money for the industry. We'll see how open Google is with the rest of the devices out there for Honeycomb. Motorola doesn't really play nice at all with developers.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
That razor looks pretty sweet. Like how the keyboard changes. Pretty sweet stuff coming out !