To Archos or Samsung, that is the question

Andrewinsa

Nov 30, 2010
Hi everyone

I know this question has been asked a hundred times, by a hundred people, but I thought I would post as well with my intended use and ask for your advise.

The first question I want to answer is that I have the money for a Galaxy Tab, but I am wondering if an Archos will do the job at almost half the price.

My intended use will be surfing the internet at home connected to my WiFi with the occasionaly 3G connection when I am out (I can tether the Archos to my 3G phone). I visit flash sites fairly often, so that is a factor for me (that is why the iPad is out). I also want to watch the occasional movie and I am sure I will be playing in the App store (apparently you can get the full Android Market on the Archos through an app). I will also check the occasional work email at home as well as my personal yahoo email.

So, do I spend the money and get the Galaxy Tab (is it better than the Archos - getting what you pay for?), or do I get an archos (and then do I go 70 or 101)?

Hope someone can give me some insight.
Thanks
Andrew

STi

Sep 2, 2010
Galaxy tab has much better screen and more ram. 256mb is a deal breaker for me so I opted for the galaxy tab.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Android Tablet Forum App

blackstone

Dec 7, 2010
I have just chosen the archos 101. RAM was a concern but given I only wanted it for videos and light internet use, I opted for the cheaper one

zerotiger

Nov 11, 2010
Go to the store and play with both of them. It really depends on your personal preferences and what you'll be using it for. Both are excellent tablets.