To connect to a wifi network

pawrisian

May 23, 2011
Hi,

I just got an Acer Iconia Tab A 500. I didn't have any problem connecting to my home network. It immediately just located the network and then I just had to enter my password to the network.

This week-end I tried to connect to another network which is secured in my cousin's house. I have the network password and it wouldn't work at all !!! It could find the network but every time I was entering the password it said... authenticating.... and then disabled.

How can I connect to this network ? Any advice ? What should I do ?

Thanks so much for your help !

Sonia

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
it is an issue with connecting to certain networks with 802.1x authentication. There are fixes being developed, but this is not a quick fix at this point. Is the network you are trying to connect to a private network? Does your cousin control the network or is it provided by the building or some similar type of arrangement?

pawrisian

May 23, 2011
Yes it is a private network. My cousin control the network but both of us are not really technical at all !! Thanks so much for your answer !

beastman

May 8, 2011
I had the problem connecting all my wireless devices. Turned out to be the router software. Had to disable network block, enter the connect the device, then reenable network block.
Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum