Top apps from AppsLib

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
What is the overall best apps in AppsLibs and Market?

I just got my Archos 101 today and for being my first Android gadget, I have not much idea which one to get.

So far, I found AppKill, Dauphin and Angry Bird quite good.

Edit: just installed Market. How do we edit the title of a topic?

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Here is a list of the top 101 that someone compiled but after reading it over i only use 2 out of the to 25 so what that means is best apps just depend on your preferences

Kingofthecan

Oct 23, 2010
Z4root wouldn't be a bad start. Seriously. Yea, it's just a temporary root fix, but its the only way (for now at least) to get root access and the BIGGEST reason I would reccomend that is so you can utilize Set CPU and get that A8 humming as it should be... Dunno if you noticed (I didn't until I saw something over at Archosfans) but the new 2.2 update underclocked the CPU to 800 mHZ max. Mind you there is was STILL a performance improvement with the 2.2 update, but that 20% increase in speed with the root fix makes a world of difference, and I will attest. Its like I'm using a real tablet now o_0

But if you wanna wait for a permanent root (I THINK a few people are pretty close to perfecting at least 2 different methods)/don't want to root your 101 at all I wouldn't blame you in either case ;-) Besides the root/set CPU I would recommend Jetflicks. I have been a long-time user (since the prime days of my trusty old G1) and will tell you from personal experience; the added real estate on the 101 adds a lot to the experience. And if you can, give it a try with the Archos HDMI out feature- it's not high-def streaming by any means, but there's something really gratifying about using your tablet as a poor man's Apple TV :p.

If you do decide to try Jetflicks out, just know that you're probably gonna have to sideload it from somewhere (I wasn't able to find it on the Market even with the 'fix' and had to use mediafire as a last resort) and do the whole subscription gig, yada yada yada... But for what it's worth I really do think its worth it, I get a TON of use out of Jetlficks (and no commercials either, can't beat that :p )

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
I'm kind of a noob in the Android field... what do you mean by root fix? or anything related to root?

CarsnGadgets

Dec 6, 2010
root access (the result of rooting) gives you access to the 'root' directory of your android device,
and super-user abilities that you do not have otherwise. Some apps take advantage of these abilities
such as the ability to alter the clock speed of the processor, or to install apps to a different area of
your devices memory. You also need root access to install custom roms (altered versions of the operating system).

rooting is relatively difficult as the manufacturers would prefer that you didnt have root access.

z4root is an app that, on the 70 or 101, will give you temporary root access only, as it resets when you reboot the device.
However, using it you can then use another app called setcpu to change the speed of your 101's cpu back from the 800mhz
it is now set at to the 1000mhz that it is capable of.

Last edited:

Teamflail

Dec 6, 2010
Z4root wouldn't be a bad start. Seriously. Yea, it's just a temporary root fix, but its the only way (for now at least) to get root access and the BIGGEST reason I would reccomend that is so you can utilize Set CPU and get that A8 humming as it should be... Dunno if you noticed (I didn't until I saw something over at Archosfans) but the new 2.2 update underclocked the CPU to 800 mHZ max. Mind you there is was STILL a performance improvement with the 2.2 update, but that 20% increase in speed with the root fix makes a world of difference, and I will attest. Its like I'm using a real tablet now o_0

But if you wanna wait for a permanent root (I THINK a few people are pretty close to perfecting at least 2 different methods)/don't want to root your 101 at all I wouldn't blame you in either case ;-) Besides the root/set CPU I would recommend Jetflicks. I have been a long-time user (since the prime days of my trusty old G1) and will tell you from personal experience; the added real estate on the 101 adds a lot to the experience. And if you can, give it a try with the Archos HDMI out feature- it's not high-def streaming by any means, but there's something really gratifying about using your tablet as a poor man's Apple TV :p.

If you do decide to try Jetflicks out, just know that you're probably gonna have to sideload it from somewhere (I wasn't able to find it on the Market even with the 'fix' and had to use mediafire as a last resort) and do the whole subscription gig, yada yada yada... But for what it's worth I really do think its worth it, I get a TON of use out of Jetlficks (and no commercials either, can't beat that :p )

Good to hear Jetflicks works on the 101. Just started watching Walking Dead today and want the extra real estate to see that. Question, can't you navigate to the Jetflicks home page, where you enter your username and password and login directly? I can do that on the Dolphin browser with my Droid X (2.2). Just curious but I will hopefully find out tomorrow. :)

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Good to hear Jetflicks works on the 101. Just started watching Walking Dead today and want the extra real estate to see that. Question, can't you navigate to the Jetflicks home page, where you enter your username and password and login directly? I can do that on the Dolphin browser with my Droid X (2.2). Just curious but I will hopefully find out tomorrow. :)

Walking dead is awesome can't wait for next season

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum App

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
Thanks for the answer! this sounds great and I'm gonna try it now since my experience on the 101 so far isn't really good.