Top five file management App on Android Market

Aug 18, 2011
There is quite a few android device users have questions about file management. Today I found five apps from android market to recommend to android users. Top five file management apps on android market.

ASTRO File Manager has 171004 users
ASTRO File Manager helps manage pictures, music, videos and files on your device
Welcome to ASTRO 3.0 (Read further down for recent changes)
ASTRO File Manager now has over 17 million downloads on the Android Market! It allows you to easily manage all of your files on your phone or tablet. Pictures, music, documents, videos... ASTRO is in most Top Ten Android App lists and has been recommended in books like Amazing Android Apps. DOWNLOAD NOW and join the ASTRO family.
Features include: file management, file and/or app backup, image and text viewers, networking, Bluetooth, SFTP, Zip/ Tar, downloader, thumbnails, search files, application manager, task manager, attachments and more…

ES File Explorer has 121129 users
Featured File manager & App manager which can explore the phones & computers.
More than 10 million users! One of best tools on Android market. Support 18 languages.
Cupcake (Android 1.5) and Donut (Android 1.6) user please use ES File Explorer Cupcake version.
This standard version is for Android 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2.
ES File Explorer for Android is a free, featured all-in-one file manager & application manager & task killer & dropbox client & ftp client which explores your phone and your computer. It allows android users anywhere in the world to manage their resources for free, it makes easy to manage, stay connected using your 3G, EDGE or WiFi, and share with friends, upload photos, watch videos.

ES Task Manager has 29048 users
Save Battery,
Free Memory,
Kill Task,
Uninstall App,
Speed up the phone
Uninstall the older version first before installation if you meet issues(such as widget disappear, cannot start,...).
Save Battery,
Free Memory,
Kill Task,
Uninstall App,
Speed up the phone
*add important app to ignore list to avoid to be killed!
Click-choose,Long Press-Menu
ES Task Manager could be integrated in ES File Explorer.

OI File Manager has 14122 users
Manage files on the SD card.
CYANOGEN-MOD users: If you have problems updating, please read the section "NOTICE" below!
OI File Manager allows you to browse your SD card, create directories, rename, copy, move, and delete files. It also acts as an extension to other applications to display "Open" and "Save" dialogs.
This application is ad free and does not require the internet permission.

File Manager has 6750 users
Full featured file manager, fresh UI design and user friendly functions!
Full featured file manager on Android, fresh UI design and user friendly functions!
Includes:
* 3 sets of commercial icons for 60+ different file types, toolbar and menu items
* Multiple resolution support
* Cut, copy, paste and cancellable progress dialog
* List and grid view for file browsing
* Compress and decompress support
* Search and share files
* Multiple selection and sorting support
* Support both local and remote(LAN/SMB) file system
* Play streaming media from LAN without download
* Thumbnail for photo, pictures and apk files
* Support file shortcut on Home screen for easily access
* Root Explorer for rooted devices
* Built-in text editor, image gallery and swf player

Thank you for sparing time reading this post.

americandane

Oct 27, 2011
Good list. You might want to add a sixth with Titanium Backup (Pro is worth the money, but the free version is good as well)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Neither ES Task Manager nor Titanium are file managers... I would add File Expert to the list, althought I prefer ES File Explorer for its features and better performance (in my tablet, YMMV).

vixe

Nov 15, 2011
Nice post. Thanks for sharing this info. I'm a little new to the Android OS, and I want to make some funny apps.