Touch Screen Issues?

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Hi Everybody,

I received an NC for Christmas (after plenty of hinting :) ) and really like it so far. I have one question (so far!) though, what does everyone think of the touch screen? My one seems to have a bit of a dead spot at the bottom left corner (where the uSD goes). I also have problems waking the NC up sometimes because the "swipe" doesn't seem to work very well.
Any ideas? Can you adjust the touch screen sensitivity?

I'm going to root it eventually but I don't want to that until I'm happy with the screen.

Any help for someone who is definitely a Noob will be very much appreciated.

Oh, and Happy New Year to you all :D:D:D

Last edited:

snookiecolor

Dec 24, 2010
Exchange it....i had the same problem with my first one, but the dead spot was on the lower right. My second one has te dreaded audio issues after waking up from sleep. I am planning to exchange this second one as well, but all the nook color at wal mart around th los angeles area are sold out....sucks. im going to hang on to the one until they have more in stock.
Fyi, for the time being my workaround to the sound issue is installing a reboot widget on the homescreen. When i need to run anything with audio, i just click the button and it restarts in about 15 seconds. But i can't wait to exchange it though. Good luck

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Android Tablet Forum App

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
Upper-right is a bit (but not totally) dead. The rest of the screen is vy responsive

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Android Tablet Forum App

tigersgt

Dec 9, 2010
same here - upper right corner. But when I use to touch screen test app to test the screen, everywhere is responsive. I wonder if it's because of the firmware.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
+1 (or should I say -1?) upper right corner. I also have 2 stuck pixels, and a backlight problem near the top. Exchanging for new unit.

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
My NC's lcd is perfect, the digitizer is very responsive and so far I haven't seen the need to configure it. With the NC having over 600,000 pixels, like any other lcd device, phone, tv or monitor, there are bound to be some units with a dead pixel or two. I guess you win some, you loose some.

I'd go exchange it. Like my grandfather use to tell me, "If it ain't broke don't fix it and if it is broke, take it back and get another one." :)

Happy New Year.

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
Exchanging it is the best option but if you're rooted you may want to try calibrating the screen. I experienced some screen flakiness (ghost presses, double letters), especially with the usb cable plugged in while charging, and it seemed to help.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Exchanging it is the best option but if you're rooted you may want to try calibrating the screen. I experienced some screen flakiness (ghost presses, double letters), especially with the usb cable plugged in while charging, and it seemed to help.
Ghost presses, hah! I've been thinking about uploading a youtube video that shows what happens when I touch the keyboard while the NC is charging. I'm not sure "ghost" is the way I would describe what happens. ;)

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

Thanks for link Jack, I'm going to add it to helpful tips thread.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Thanks Team for the replies. I think I'll take it back and then try this rooting thing ;)

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Got the replacement Nook :D , now all I need to do is root it! (does that sound wrong to anyone else ;) )

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
I only thought that there were a couple of issues with it but the replacement is sooo much better. Much more responsive all round. Thanks to everyone who suggested that I replaced it.