Transfering files with Kies

ojustaboo

Apr 30, 2011
Hi all

As of yesterday am a proud and happy owner of a Galaxy Tab :)

I have used Handbrake to transcode some Movies into the correct format, when I use Kies to transfer them, even though I drag them into the movies folder showing in Kies, it's putting them into the camera directory on the tablet and I'm having to manually move each one to the move directory.

What am I doing wrong please?

Thanks

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Why don't you just mount the drive containing the desired folder under windows and simply use explorer or your windows file manager of choice to drag the handbrake files to the desired folder. You don't really need to kies to do this.

jbjtkbw00

May 2, 2011
Why don't you just mount the drive containing the desired folder under windows and simply use explorer or your windows file manager of choice to drag the handbrake files to the desired folder. You don't really need to kies to do this.

+1 on this. I just did this EXACT thing with 4 movies today and it couldn't have been easier or quicker.

piercer

May 2, 2011
I noticed that the default setting for the galaxy tab was to connect to the computer using Kies. And I did not appreciate that much as the transfer rate is extremely slow. You can change it though to mount as mass storage. You will be able to manage your files on the tab like how you do it in your computer or hard drive. Also, part of the disk space mounts like an external disk so you can make use of that also.

MaxTcee

Oct 13, 2010
use samba its the best wireless file transfer ever its in the market and its free
it puts your tablets harddrive and sd card on your pc wirelessly
youll never have to mount unmount use kies need your data cable nothing !!!!

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Does Samba require root? If so, that may be a non-starter for some newbies who don't want to go there with their tab. Just sayin' - though it looks like an awesome app.

MaxTcee

Oct 13, 2010
nope dont need root just install
only thing you must be have pc and tab on same wifi for first configure

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
nope dont need root just install
only thing you must be have pc and tab on same wifi for first configure

Would not install for me - said it needed Super User access, so that's why I ask. Perhaps I'm installing the wrong version? Using a WiFi only Tab.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Tablet Forum

blaz

May 11, 2011
use the usb cable

Thanks.

On Android phones you apparently do this:
1. Put phone in USB mass storage mode * From primary home screen, push menu button. * Select "Settings", then "Applications" -> "USB settings" * Choose either "Mass storage" or "Ask on connection" 2. Plug in USB cable * If you set phone to "Ask on connection", you'll need to choose "Mass storage" at this point 3. Expand notification bar * Touch notification bar at top of screen * Slide your finger down the screen * Notification area should expand. 4. Tap "USB connected" area of notification drop-down 5. Press "Mount" button
Only then is the Android device recognized by the PC. Does the the Samsung Galaxy tablet require something similar?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
yes that is how to get the SGT ready to transfer files but your PC still needs the driver to recognize it as a viable USB device

Thanks.

On Android phones you apparently do this:
Only then is the Android device recognized by the PC. Does the the Samsung Galaxy tablet require something similar?