Unbrick or update Coby Kyros 7024 with gingerbread firmware...!!!!

Was this help full?

• Total voters

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I see talk about the 8024 firmware on the Coby site. I got memory and file errors on my 8024 and after a reboot it would shut down after the Coby screen. I installed the firmware from the Coby site (after trying several resets etc.) and the tablet rebooted and looks like day 1 Except it has a 'low space' alert. If I look at memory I see:

SD card: 7.6 GB (8 gig ext card)

Nand:
total 2.92 GB
Available 2.32 GB

Internal storage:
Available 568Kb

Is this correct? I don't remember what it was new?

UPDATE: pushing the reset button with a paper clip seems to have fixed the Low Space problem..error is gone and all my old apps are back?? strange.

Last edited:

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
well ur internal storage is 568kb only thats why it prompts u that it does have a low space. the reason that u have a low space because your apps are installed on the physical memory, try to move it to sdcard.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
Just to follow up....

I still have many 'force close' errors during boot and other problems like trying to run apps and then finding they are not installed. I ended up taking the back off and replacing the internal 4GB micro card and reloading Firmware. I downloaded many of my apps again and after 4 days all is still working well. I do notice apps are a little slow to start up...wonder what Class the old 4GB card was. I put in a Class 4...well as long as it works it is not a problem.

Only odd thing is when I boot 'Coby' appears for 2-3 seconds then the screen goes blank for 2-3 seconds then 'Coby' appears for 5-6 seconds then Android the the boots finnishes OK?

Last edited:

MeAndMyKyros

Apr 2, 2012
Ok I really need help. My Kyros 7024 is bricked. It wont go past the "Coby" logo. I am able to go the ugrade mode but (through VERY, HEARTBREAKING, and UNFORTUNATE events) my tablet CANNOT read micro sd cards anymore (T_T). So im wondering, hoping, and praying to see if there is any other way to unbrick this without the use of and sd card. Perhaps with the use of a usb cord which im looking forward to. Please help me as soon as possble! I really dont want to lose it!

bigfordman03

Apr 7, 2012
does this erase all the apps and photos from your device because I really want it sense its gingerbread and I really want to know so badly im scared ill lose my data!:eek:

hosca

Sep 9, 2012
cat stargate
please help my
the divice enter fastboot mode
please connect usb to pc or reset the device
waitting.................................