Unbrick or update Coby Kyros 7024 with gingerbread firmware...!!!!

Was this help full?

• Total voters

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@arlic

how about using the Official Firmware from Coby USA to recover your tablet?

elemist2

May 5, 2011
hey if anyone needs it i coverted the the mid8024 firmware to the mid7024 using the instructions from flxrms to modify the uboot.bin and i changed the model number from MID8024 to MID7024 and i enabled 3g. i think this is as close as you will get to a stock rom. all props go out to flxrms for helping me before and for giving the guide to change the new uboot.bin.

mid7024.rar

oconel

Jul 5, 2011
hey if anyone needs it i coverted the the mid8024 firmware to the mid7024 using the instructions from flxrms to modify the uboot.bin and i changed the model number from MID8024 to MID7024 and i enabled 3g. i think this is as close as you will get to a stock rom. all props go out to flxrms for helping me before and for giving the guide to change the new uboot.bin.

mid7024.rar

Yeah nice job. Thx a lot =)

cuida

Jul 22, 2011

mid7024.rar

So, this will work as the official default rom build for 7024 (which was supposed to be an 'update' as Coby emails said), but with 3g support added?

elemist2

May 5, 2011
yes this will do until they give out the real update for the 7024. if you have a supported 3g usb module then yes it will give you 3g support. i haven't personally tested it but flxrms has on his own modified 8024 rom ,that hasnt been relesed yet, and says it works fine.

andersondias

Sep 14, 2011
replaces the files, board.713.tzg, utv210_root.tgz, utv210_userdata.tgz and recovery-firmware-C8lean_v0.51 MID7024.rar "by the firmware coby mid8024.
I put in 2GB SD home power

I ran everything as original
As the model is 8024
If someone can put the markt.

File Mid7024

Last edited:

elemist2

May 5, 2011
i can work on a custom rom with market based on my 7024 rom if you want (its the mid8024 rom That i already modified to basically be stock on the mid7024, i hex edited the uboot to fix the screen size and the camera orientation and i modified the 3g settings and the device name to mid7024.). my tablet is bricked ,because i tried the speed increase, so you will have to test it if you are interested.

i have decided to make it anyways. here are two versions to test.
they are both the same except one of them i didnt add the market updater because some people are having trouble with the new market.
i changed

* lcd_density=200 to lcd_density=175
* i enabled the 3g settings menu
* i removed the stock coby apps
* i added google applications including market
* i added Network3gMonitor.apk, shortcut3g.apk,NetworkLocation.apk
* i changed ro.secure=1 to ro.secure=0
* i changed ro.debuggable=0 to ro.debuggable=1
* i changed mid8024 to mid7024

custom mid7024 rom with market and market updater
http://www.mediafire.com/?6o50g1u240m0ogd

custom mid7024 rom with market and without market updater
http://www.mediafire.com/?4m7v63yod2a0o4r

allright if you wanna give it a test reply back on how it works for you

Last edited:

oconel

Jul 5, 2011
i can work on a custom rom with market based on my 7024 rom if you want (its the mid8024 rom That i already modified to basically be stock on the mid7024, i hex edited the uboot to fix the screen size and the camera orientation and i modified the 3g settings and the device name to mid7024.). my tablet is bricked ,because i tried the speed increase, so you will have to test it if you are interested. let me know if you want it done and ill start when i get word from you

It would be perfect with gingerbread, can you do that ?

elemist2

May 5, 2011
i can do the gingerbread but the volume buttons wont work and there have been ones already done. but i can use the new u-boot with a gingerbread rom and see what i come up with. i think you would be better off trying the new uboot with wickeds rom

oconel

Jul 5, 2011
i can do the gingerbread but the volume buttons wont work and there have been ones already done. but i can use the new u-boot with a gingerbread rom and see what i come up with. i think you would be better off trying the new uboot with wickeds rom

I have the + vol button dead, so I prefer =D
But I'm lost, could you cook a rom with gingerbread and the good U-boot files ? :s

elemist2

May 5, 2011
im in america with eastern time its 850pm here. i will work on it later tonight around 11-12 ish. i cant garuntee a perfect gingerbread rom but ill make one from scratch and i will modify wickeds and you can test both of them to see what will work for you.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
replaces the files, board.713.tzg, utv210_root.tgz, utv210_userdata.tgz and recovery-firmware-C8lean_v0.51 MID7024.rar "by the firmware coby mid8024.
I put in 2GB SD home power

I ran everything as original
As the model is 8024
If someone can put the markt.

File Mid7024

elemist2 already shared his custome 8024 firmware to work with 7024. he already added the google market.

elemist2

May 5, 2011
edit: i may have been off in reading somethings. the first section was about someone else totally.

he seems to be interested in getting gingerbread with the new uboot and market. i dont know why he dosent use an older one but i am going to try to make a customized gingerbread rom for him.

by any chance have you been able to test my version with the built in market? since i messed up my motherboard in my tablet by dropping a soldering iron on it i cant test it. if it works well i may keep on customizing it to make it better for the people of the forum if i can get willing testers.

Last edited:

Arlic

May 13, 2011
@arlic

how about using the Official Firmware from Coby USA to recover your tablet?

Yes, I extracted the file "MID8024-Firmware.zip" right to the root of a formatted 16G microSD card, without the "MID8024" folder that is. :))

Placed it into the coby and then did the regular hold down Power & Home(back-silver-whatever) button
for about 3-4 seconds. Then let go of the power button(while still holding down silver button).

After about 10-20 seconds I can let go of the silver button, but nothing is happening.

My question?? How do I access the the recover menu..or mode or setup...whatever??

The ONLY response I get from the Coby MID8024 is when I press the power button the soft menu light
buttons light up. If, I keep the power button held down the soft menu lights will go out after
exactly 7 seconds, even if I keep the power button pressed.

The screen looks the same, even if the power button is pressed, blank.

When I connect this thing to to a Windows 7 64-bit system I get a USB "beep" but that ends in about
5 seconds(becuase the soft-lights go out after another 2 seconds).

Is there anyway to reset this thing, I already tried the tiny hole beside the microSD slot.

I already have the thing open, so I can reformat the internal memory card if I have to, but I didn't
make a backup of it(I didn't open up the tablet when it was working).

Any help would be very........helpful.

Bye...
Arlic