usb driver

knew

Dec 26, 2010
I downloaded the usb driver and installed. I have a yellow exclamation point next to the drive. I am on windows 7 64 bit. Help.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Did you look at notifications on the tablet to allow mounting?

knew

Dec 26, 2010
I am sorry I do not know what that means. When I plug the usb cable into the tablet and the pc, the pc could not install due to no driver. I went to the faq's on the manufactures website and it said to down load usbdriver .rar. I did found software to unzip and then let windows install driver. Windows said it was not the correct driver.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
No problem. Please look throug the threads here as we have several that have addressed this. In the meantime, when you connect you also need to tell your tablet to allow itself to be mounted. In the upper right corner of the tablet is an exclamation mark. Touch that, and tell the device you want to mount the SD card, this connects it to the PC.

Good luck!

DCLocal

Nov 25, 2010
When I downloaded the USB drivers I just unzip the .rar files to a folder on my desktop. Then when I connected the S7 I let Windows (I'm on Windows 7 64-bit too) try to install the drivers. When it failed to find them I selected to manually specify the location and pointed to the desktop folder where I unzipped the USB files. I then pointed to the Win7-AMD64 in my case and the drivers installed and my S7 was recognized.

The final step was to checked the notification on the S7 as pbrauer mentions above and selected to mount. Once mounted the autoplay dialog box appeared on my computer and I was able to view files.

knew

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you that did the trick I believe.... Thank You Thank You.... If I have any more questions, I will be back....