USB ports on tablets

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
So I am reading a whole lot on the forums and sites and am wondering...

What can you plug into these USB ports? Is it true one is strictly for upgrading firmware and what not?

I ask because I have a bluetooth USB but would also want to connect a flash drive. and I am just not sure what I could actually do or if it would work

Last edited:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Keep in mind this Mantra. It is NOT a PC, It Is NOT a PC. Unless there is a driver installed which is compatible with your device, or the tablet allows OTG storage, it is not as simple as plugging in and it working. If your device allows USB storage, you should be fine, but your BT usb will likely not work.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
ah ok so I should try and find a tablet with bluetooth built into it.

This is becoming quite the search, I am trying to find ways to connect my tablet to the internet since I don't have wifi. The best thing I could come up with that would possibly work is finding a tablet with bluetooth and connecting to it through my phone and using that connection.

Gurgle, if I want a tablet that can play video files from my USB drive what should I look for? It sounds like it needs to be more than simply just a USB port