Video Play

vsszutu

Dec 22, 2010
hey guys

i just got my tablet and was wondering if i can put a video into my tablet and play it off of it ? i tried it and doesnt seem to work
any ideas?

godwheel

Dec 12, 2010
hey guys

i just got my tablet and was wondering if i can put a video into my tablet and play it off of it ? i tried it and doesnt seem to work
any ideas?

Heya,

I had the same problem with the MID7015. Here is what worked for me:

1. Go to the COBY web site and download the update: COBY - Kyros™ Internet Touchscreen Tablet
2. Follow the instructions on the video also on the web site to run the update.
3. Try opening up your video with the program Gallery.

If that does not work, install a File Manager like ES File Manager. Browse to where your videos are located and OPEN the video file with any movie player.

Hope that works for you.

;)

vsszutu

Dec 22, 2010
Hey thanks what version up date is it? i got it to work with real player and was thinking if its worth the upgrade

godwheel

Dec 12, 2010
Hey thanks what version up date is it? i got it to work with real player and was thinking if its worth the upgrade

It is the one posted on the site (forget the number). My tab no longer freezes and needs a reset if you leave it idling, the screen is more responsive and a few other things. I think it is well worth doing.

But if yours is working, why do it!

:D

Happy Holidays.:cool:

vsszutu

Dec 22, 2010
It is the one posted on the site (forget the number). My tab no longer freezes and needs a reset if you leave it idling, the screen is more responsive and a few other things. I think it is well worth doing.

But if yours is working, why do it!

:D

Happy Holidays.:cool:

haha true :p i might do it later when i have more time i guess but snice its working ill leave it at that

kreamied

Jan 25, 2011
Heya,

If that does not work, install a File Manager like ES File Manager. Browse to where your videos are located and OPEN the video file with any movie player.

Hope that works for you.

;)

sorry to bring this thread up, but i just got my tablet, and ES File Manager used to work for my video files. However - and i really dont know what happened - after a few days, whenever I open the same video files (or any other files, subsequently), all i get is a black screen. Ostensibly the video is still playing because the time bar is moving, and the video's audio can clearly be heard.

As things stand, I went to download from the Market other video players like Rockplayer or yxplayer and the same video files can be played, but I would really like to use ES File Manager to play my videos as it seems to me the video files lag less, and also because it supports a wider variety of video formats.

Anyone know what the problem is? Thanks in advance.

cheers

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Did you at one time have it connected to your TV via the HDMI port? If so you need to turn that off in the settings and your videos will play properly again.

kreamied

Jan 25, 2011
Did you at one time have it connected to your TV via the HDMI port? If so you need to turn that off in the settings and your videos will play properly again.

sweet! thanks for the tip, it totally worked! why didn't i think of that? (remember the show?)

on another note, i can't seem to log in to skype for android? anyone have the same problem? actually it's just a minor matter because at present skype doesnt support video call capabilities on the tablet - though i'd like to fix it since it's only a matter of time before it does! =)

thanks again guys!

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
kreamied, what tablet do you have? I have on order a Mid 7015, but didn't think it had a web cam in it. Just wondering.

kreamied

Jan 25, 2011
oh! woah, im such a noob that i didnt realise i was in the coby thread! lol. well i just got a random tablet after a trip to China. lol. one of those apads/epads etc. I think the brand on mine is the haipad. sorry everyone! but still if your coby has trouble logging on to skype and you found a remedy, let me know please! tablets are after all, still tablets. =)