Viewsonic G Tab 10.1" with Android OS 2.2 At Sears

xmlaroux

Nov 2, 2010
Ok:

Need to add the USB port issue is not a hardware problem, the built in video/picture/music apps don't understand that the SD slot is SDCard2 and can't find it. You can however read the SDcard2 slot with the built in ES File Explorer. Another of the common issues with this thing.

greenemage

Aug 24, 2010
Looks like Sears just ended the sale, price is up to $399. I guess I ordered mine just under the wire...

egrimes

Nov 9, 2010
I purchased one of these things last week. I spent part of Friday, most of Saturday with the thing, I packed it up on Sunday and sent it back on Monday. The Tapntap ui is unuseable. No Flash, I was able to load the market, but the market thought I was running Android 1.6, so not much was found. I installed Launcher pro, Pandora, You tube and a few other items. Pandora stutters a lot, YouTube was unuseable, Skyfire would not play reliable flash, and I was unable to get Speach Search to work. The deal breaker was that every time it went into sleep mode, the wifi stopped working. I finally decided that if a techinician could barely get the thing to work, it is NOT going to be a success with the public, therefore there is not likely to be continuing support. So I returned it.

greenemage

Aug 24, 2010
Still waiting for mine, Sears screwed me on it. The day after I ordered it online I got a call from their credit verification department who grilled me with questions (things like my address from over 5 years ago, state my SSN was issued in). I answered correctly, but apparently I was hesitant in some of my answers so they decided I wasn't me and cancelled the order without telling me. I only found out when I called 4 days later because the order status said it hadn't shipped... so I placed the order with them AGAIN, and had to argue with them to give me the original price since it had gone up. In theory they are going to credit me the $20 diff, but I'm not hopeful.

I don't even know why I'm trying, the reviews are so bad. I guess I'm just hoping they'll realize their screwup with Tapntap and in an update remove it or make it optional.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
SEARs Clearance Centers had this for $279, but not all SCC have them though. My local SEARS doesn't have but the price is $379.99.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
These are available again for $400 bucks still if they're not stable even with using xda ROMs? It's a lot of dough to shell out..

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010

tcrews

Oct 19, 2010
I have one of these and with a few hacks its very nice. Roebeet's TnT lite Tom is very stable and makes the device like a giant screen android phone....minus phone calling/texting.

I have full market access with Gmail and calendar sync. Quadrant scores in the 2400's !

Sent from my GTab...

tcrews

Oct 19, 2010
Figured some pics might help....here's my Viewsonic 10" tablet with full Market, LauncherPro as my home launcher and apps downloaded installed from the Market.

Pictures are pulled via ddms from the android-sdk.

1024x600 size..
http://www.tomcrews.com/gtab/home.png
http://www.tomcrews.com/gtab/market.png

my lower of the quadrant scores I've gotten, average in the 2400's....just had my GTab attached to my computer when I ran this one and grabbed the screen.

http://www.tomcrews.com/gtab/quadrant2.png

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Thanks for the pics tcrews. If you geek it out, appears to be a lot better than the tablet out of the box.

popezaphod

Nov 19, 2010
This is definitely a tablet for people who want to install ROMs and tweak settings. The result is a nifty device that has replaced my laptop for most everything I do online. In fact, I haven't used my laptop in a week as I let a friend borrow it.

-=Sent from my ViewSonic G Tablet (Zpad 2.2) using Tapatalk=-