Vigo 9.7" Tablet-YouTube App Will Not Load Videos

moore4

Jan 7, 2013
Hi, I am new to these boards and hope that someone can help me. I bought a new Vigo 9.7" tablet for my husband for Christmas. He's thrilled with it, and so far it seems to perform really well, and has a good battery that lasts about 10 hours, even having watched a full dvd movie on it.

There is just one problem we've come across, the You Tube app doesn't seem to want to load any videos. It just sits there with the loading symbol going round on the screen and never loads the clip. We tried to update the app, however, when we tried to do this the Play Store requested that we uninstall the original you tube app first, but as it came as part of the OS on the tablet, there is no uninstall button, only a disable button.

Has any one else got this problem, and did you solve it? We are loathe to return the tablet to the Warehouse for replacement as I imagine they will deem it to only be a software problem and not covered by the warranty. We have emailed Vigo.co.nz for assistance but received no reply.

It's not a major problem, more an annoyance and my husband would like to be able to use the YouTube app if possible.

thank you. :)

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Moore4. Go to settings and clear the data cache for the Youtube app and then retry loading videos. Secondly you can view Youtube videos through the Chrome browser if the Youtube app continues to give you problems.

moore4

Jan 7, 2013
Thanks for your reply :) I just tried as you suggested, cleared the cache on the app, but still videos won't load. So I then tried using youtube.com through the Chrome browser, and also the other installed browser but neither would loaded the videos either. So I also then downloaded Firefox for android and went to the youtube website on that and still the videos won't load, just get the rotating circle on the screen. I was wondering whether it was a connection problem between the tablet and our wifi router, but all our other phones/ipods etc connect up without any problem, and we aren't having any other connection problems with the table other than youtube.

DevoxNZ

Jan 2, 2013
Hi moore4,

I've got one of these tablets too. And I have to say the youtube app is quite hit and miss.
What I suggest is downloading an app called 'advanced task killer'
Once that's installed run it and click 'KILL selected apps' near the top, then try load a youtube video again. Sometimes works for me when apps aren't behaving properly.
Let us know how you get on.

moore4

Jan 7, 2013
Hi moore4,

I've got one of these tablets too. And I have to say the youtube app is quite hit and miss.
What I suggest is downloading an app called 'advanced task killer'
Once that's installed run it and click 'KILL selected apps' near the top, then try load a youtube video again. Sometimes works for me when apps aren't behaving properly.
Let us know how you get on.

thanks DevoxNZ. I downloaded and tried your suggestion, but unfortunately made no difference. Thanks though.

DevoxNZ

Jan 2, 2013
Well that's no good. It's a long shot, but next thing too try would be to restart your router.

hamwong

Nov 3, 2013
Hi Moore4,

Ive got the Vigo 10.1 and had similar issues. Ive recently found a way of getting around this issue, however, it requires you to: a) root your device b) remove the old YouTube app c) reinstall the YouTube app. It does require a bit of time to do, but it is not difficult to do.

In order to root your device, follow these steps located here: (guide) how to root generic tablets with ics 4.0.4 (a13) - xda-developers
- you download and install PDAnet files first, then download the 'Doomlord' file and follow the steps as listed.

Once you have rooted your device, you can search up an app called 'Root App Delete' in the Play Store.
- download it to your device
- once you open it, open the 'System Apps' tab, click on 'Pro Mode'
- then scroll down untill you find 'Youtube', click on it, click uninstall and follow instructions

After this, go back into Play Store, search for YouTube app. Download it and it should work fine

Last edited:

kiwiscot007

Nov 9, 2013
Hi, I am new to these boards and hope that someone can help me. I bought a new Vigo 9.7" tablet for my husband for Christmas. He's thrilled with it, and so far it seems to perform really well, and has a good battery that lasts about 10 hours, even having watched a full dvd movie on it.

There is just one problem we've come across, the You Tube app doesn't seem to want to load any videos. It just sits there with the loading symbol going round on the screen and never loads the clip. We tried to update the app, however, when we tried to do this the Play Store requested that we uninstall the original you tube app first, but as it came as part of the OS on the tablet, there is no uninstall button, only a disable button.

Has any one else got this problem, and did you solve it? We are loathe to return the tablet to the Warehouse for replacement as I imagine they will deem it to only be a software problem and not covered by the warranty. We have emailed Vigo.co.nz for assistance but received no reply.

It's not a major problem, more an annoyance and my husband would like to be able to use the YouTube app if possible.

thank you. :)

Hi try and use Eroot on this tablet its a one click root, Worked for my Vigo and now I can do any thing I want