Visible pattern on screen

clebin

Jun 30, 2011
My EeePad has a visible diamond pattern across the screen in any kind of reflected light.

It looks like smudges, but in the form of lines crossing each other making a diamond/box effect. It's quite distracting and I think it makes the tablet look pretty cheap.

I haven't seen this mentioned in any reviews, though, so is this just a defect on mine?

Thanks!
Chris

Last edited:
I don't see it, but I keep the brightness pretty low, I almost see a pattern if i turn it all the way up. But it does not look like what you are seeing.
A-

Thanks for the response!

It doesn't sound like what I'm seeing, so I'm thinking it's a defect. On mine, the pattern is there even if the tablet is off (if light is shining on it) so it's noticeable on darker areas of the screen.

Chris

I think it is part of the touch sensor zones. I see it when I spray cleaner on my scree and wipe it off.

I see it too and figured it was the touch sensor zones. I only see that now and then and I do not find it distracting. usually can only see it on a static background.

Ah, I'm not the only one then. I'll try using some screen-wipes to see if I can minimise the effect...

Cheers,
Chris

Back