WARNING: Brightness Setting

wolong

Aug 24, 2011
Do not reduce the brightness setting to minimum. I set my Vtab1008 brightness slider control to minimum brightness to save power. The display went much too dim, so I tried to reset it to normal. But, the display was so dim that it took me forever to find the slider control to reset it.:mad:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for the warning.

P.S. You brightened my day with that post.:)

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
rofl.gif

I had to laugh, because I darn near did the same thing! I was showing my wife a nook book, and she kept saying "Too bright." Well, I moved it "with authority," as we say in the sailing world, and the screen went totally black! I quickly put my finger right back down, moved it to the right, and the screen came back up. *Whew*!

I've been meaning to remember to tickle Vizio VTAB tech support about that one. It really shouldn't turn down that far, IMO. (Tho one could easily trap themselves in bright sunlight the same way, w/o it turning down nearly that far.)

Jim

robop

Dec 6, 2010
Wow I have had a really long day and I jumped on here to check out what's going on and I need to thank you for brightening my day, I thought I was the only person "Bright" enouph to have that problem :D

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
I like Brightness Profiles for quickly setting the brightness. You can set up as many levels as you want and to set a minimum level that you can go to on the low end. This minimum level is only effective when using this app. Long press to edit a level and hit add to create a new level. Inside I use 6%. I found the auto-brightness setting to be too bright inside.

$brightness-profiles-sm.png

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
I blanked the screen on our VTAB today while in the Nook app. Fortunately it did not effect the brightness outside that app. I uninstalled Nook and then re-installed to fix. They need to have a setting in the Nook app to set a minimum brightness level so this doesn't happen.