We have Netflix

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
How to watch Netflix on Nook Color | Review Horizon I used these instructions with root explorer, I don't ADB, and it worked like a charm.

Streaming "Phantasm II" as we speak.

tumblr_lgb02mCfLm1qe0eclo1_r5_500.gif

Dirty Love.

edit-Mad Props to XDA, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1076145

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
A couple questions. Is this something I can do with my Autonootered 2.1 NCs? Is this something that a novice shouldn't mess with?

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Tablet Forum
It is not overly complicated, however if you are not comfortable editing system files than I would wait a bit. If you are comfortable, it is a matter of editing 4 lines and saving the file. Instructions for doing so are in the link. You do not need ADB only Root Explorer.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Outstanding find LS. I've been waiting all my life for this! *joking*

great stuff though, I'll definitely be taking advantage of this when I get home. :)

Legobricke

Mar 21, 2011
I only changed it to Nexus S and samsung.

Did it with Root Explorer and it worked perfectly.

Allot of people that used the instructions below:
ro.product.model=HTC Vision
ro.product.brand=tmobile
ro.product.name=vision
ro.product.device=vision
ro.product.board=vision

ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

reported that this broke their access to the market.

Lego

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Quick instructions:

Pretty simple if anyone's needing some help:

-Root Explorer -> system -> Click "Mount R/W"
-Long press build.prop -> Copy -> Paste (for backup purposes)
-Long press build.prop -> Open in Text Editor
-Change the above two bolded lines

ro.product.model=Nexus S
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

-Save
-Reboot
-Open Netflix and enjoy!

and said that both netflix and market work.

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
stupid question...how do i actually edit the file. copied and saved using root explorer. Don't know how to actually edit the file.

edit: I don't have the "open in editor" option even when mounted R/W

edit edit: Open as text in ASTRO, will post results.

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Xfeejay here's what i did as it is easier to edit test with a PC - i used root explorer to move the file from nook to a spot in my SD card - connected nook to my pc, opened the file and edited with notepad - saved it back to SD in a different location so i can rename the other one to backup. disconnect PC, go back to root explorer, copy the edited file, navigate to the proper directory (/system), click on Mount R/W, then pasted the edited file, Mount R/O reboot

watch netflix

stupid question...how do i actually edit the file. copied and saved using root explorer. Don't know how to actually edit the file.

edit: I don't have the "open in editor" option even when mounted R/W

edit edit: Open as text in ASTRO, will post results.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Hey y'all hope it is working out for everybody! Wicked busy today but I fell asleep watching "Last Man Standing" with my mittle Nookie cradled in my arms and the warm glow of Netflix reflecting off my face

tumblr_li5uszybM11qe0eclo1_r3_500.gif

Blisssssssssssss

Cheers.

LS

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Can't wait to try this just a million and one other things to do first :)

spdsl

Mar 22, 2011
Modded my build.prop file, now if I could only find the Netflix app @ the Market.:confused:

I cleared my market app cache but still no hit on the Netflix app.

Any links to side load the app?

Running autonooter 3 by the way

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Modded my build.prop file, now if I could only find the Netflix app @ the Market.:confused:

I cleared my market app cache but still no hit on the Netflix app.

Any links to side load the app?

Running autonooter 3 by the way

According to Netflix this only works with Android 2.2 or higher (can anybody confirm it works on 2.1?).

Since you ar autonootered that means you are only 2.1. Time to upgrade to CM7 ;)

JP

mavsrul02

Mar 19, 2011
Well, Netflix is working great..but whenever I try to launch my app market I get "The application Marker (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Any ideas? Is this because I modified build.prop? I tried restoring the backup in root explorer and it still didn't work..

Thanks in advance!

[EDIT] I cleared the cache and data and then rebooted, didn't work. I found somewhere that you aren't supposed to change the brand, so I set it back to bn and rebooted, now market seems to be working. Weird...

Last edited: