What Is The Android Tablet Ideal Form Factor For You?

What is your ideal tablet form factor?

• 5-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio (Dell Streak 5)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 7-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio (Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy Tab)

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • 9-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio (Samsung Galaxy 8.9)

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • 10-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio (Motorola Xoom, Viewsonic gTablet)

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • 7-inch, 4:3 aspect ratio (Pandigital Novel)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 10-inch, 4:3 aspect ratio (iPad)

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 13/14inch, 14:10 aspect ratio (A4/Letter Real Paper Size)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
What is the Android tablet ideal form factor for you?

What size and aspect ratio do you prefer in your Android tablet?

Most tablets today are 7" and 16:9, with a trend towards 10" 16:9 with Honeycomb. Assume that pixel density is not an issue, and that displays can be readily supplied.

The bigger the better?

Or just something that is the same size as an A4 or Letter page of real paper?

Mar 8, 2011
7" fits in my pockets, so I don't have to carry it specially. The difference between always having something on you and having to plan ahead is significant for me.
10" is nicer to use while sitting at home or at work on the sofa though.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I have trouble reading/looking at the 10" w/o glasses on (unless contacts are out), so a 7"er would be FAR too small for me.
Either way tho, 16x9 I prefer as it 'natively' handles widescreen videos which is the 2nd reason I have one.
13-14" enters the realm of desktop use... have not held one (if one actually exists yet), so idk how heavy they are...

LUV that native w/s movie mode! :D

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I have trouble reading/looking at the 10" w/o glasses on (unless contacts are out), so a 7"er would be FAR too small for me.
Either way tho, 16x9 I prefer as it 'natively' handles widescreen videos which is the 2nd reason I have one.
13-14" enters the realm of desktop use... have not held one (if one actually exists yet), so idk how heavy they are...

LUV that native w/s movie mode! :D

Ha Ha! You're blind as a bat! Just like me. LOL. I prefer the bigger screen like the SuperPad, and Viewsonic Gtablet. I can see it without squinting.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I use glasses even with 15" so at this point of blindness 10" or 7" is the same but 7" is always with me, it fits anywhere and is light. I love the size...it would be nice to have a 7" in rubber like those keyboards that one can roll.
Gg
Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

fatheads808

Nov 30, 2011
Been researching for a month and so frustrated on which one to buy. For partner who isn't so much computer literate ..Lol..but will be using more for meetings (notes) surfing web gaming and other basic needs. Help!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Android Tablet Forum

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I like 10", as it facilitates working with spreadsheets and large documents. Just have to say though, 7" is definitely easier to hold for an extended period.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
A nice, thin 10" tab is the best for all-around...everything, in my opinion. Better games, video, web browsing, and just better. 7" tabs are better for portability, but sacrifice a lot of the benefits of a 10". 8.9" tabs are a great comprimise, IMO, but 10" is still the best form factor in my opinion.

Not too large to lug around, easy to hold, and still very portable. So my vote definitely goes there. (plus, 8.9" tabs can't get a keyboard dock like the Prime/Transformer can ;))

fatheads808

Nov 30, 2011
Thanks but need more direction on which is the best tablet to buy for the buck.???

fatheads808

Nov 30, 2011
Thanks a lot. My brain is going insanely in to shopping mode.....now at least I know I should go for 10.
Thanx again..
Aloha and Mahalo