What is the general consensus on the best ROM available?

wwhite

Mar 2, 2011
Do we have a consensus on which ROM is best for the BB Dual Camera S7? I'm currently running the V100R001C68B111(Brazil Commex) ROM so I can use Netflix. I'm not aware of any issues with this ROM. Thoughts?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I am flashing FroyoFusion right now....so I will let you know what i think tomorrow!

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
I've tried various ROM's, and each have their positives and negatives.
I am currently using tri_zet's Slim mod ROM on my BB S7-104. I like it a lot.
The Brazil ROM was OK for the Netflix ability, but it reported that
my SIM was INVALIDO on the screensaver screen. Annoying, cause the phone worked.
I like Joenilan's Froyofusion ROM, but am being patient for his next release.

On another note, I would like to express my appreciation for those techno-wizards
out there doing all the HARD WORK!! I think they all need our support and thanks.

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
No netflix, but I was on the free trial anyway, so no big loss.
The user interface and everything else functioning well are
worth it.

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
I'm running the Brazilian ROM, and same issue as dgnyberg - "Invalido" on the SIM card, and if you tap the icon on the signal bars, the little window comes up blank (in the original 2.1 and Indo ROM, it would say "AT&T"). However, the phone & data work OK. Netflix worked before I came to China, but right now you can't stream Netflix here because of (I guess) licensing issues. It will be nice to be back in the USA!
Other than that, no problems so far. I haven't noticed any change in battery life with any of the ROMs I've tried (Indonesian, Norwegian, and Brazilian). I'm stumped as to why Huawei has not been able to release a US ROM of 2.2 - it just seems very odd..

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
I'm using Norway modded with S7 Slim framework. works great!

I also tried JN's FroyoFusion but there's a slight incompatibility with Skype. I liked the S7 slim ui of FroyoFusion (from tri_zet's mod), so I flashed to stock norway 2.2.2, then shoved the slim apps and framework into it.

Last edited:

cansat

Apr 23, 2011
S7-105 orange tablet Spain 2.1 -> 2.2.2 Indonesia -> Norway -> Taiwan -> S7 V100R001C63B110(Sweden Expert) Stable ok