What kind or model of Android 2.1 tablet is this?

Locobox

Jan 3, 2011
Hi everybody I just got this brandless Android 2.1 tablet as a present, all I know is that is from China...

The box is plain white and on the sides just says: "Android 2.1 (WiFi - 3G - HDMi - 1080P - 3D)" that's written just on the sides, I can't find any model or serial number on the box, in the manual or on the device!

When I power up the Tablet on "About this phone" tab I got this info:

Model Number: MID
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Kernel Version:2.6.29 root@localhost #133
MID 1.2

The Ac Adapter has this on the label:
ADAPTADOR AC: 9vDC 1500mA

The accesories are: AC adapter, MiniUSB (Male) to StandarUSB (Female) Cable Adapter

Please see attached pics.
$unknown_mid.jpg

I have no idea of what's inside so I can upgrade the tablet and configure it further.

It looks a lot like some other tablets out there like the aPad or ePad but as you can see in the pics the ports are diffrent so I think it is not the same CPU and chipset.

Hope this info helps!

Thanks in advance!

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
if you have android market you can download app "quick system info pro" which will give you information about the cpu you have.

Locobox

Jan 3, 2011
Thanks for both responses guys!

@VK8366
Yep I think that's the model M701, someone on other forum told me about the difference between the red led model and the one with the blue led, aparently the color of the led determines what's inside, is that true? mine is the one with the red led.

@Hoben02
Thank you so much for that app, I will post what I find about.

Thanks again guys!

abbottwar

Jan 9, 2011
I just got the same one, but with only Android 1.6 does anyone know how to upgrade it?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

and once I get it to Android 2.2 then I would like to know what apps works best with it

Locobox

Jan 3, 2011
Apparently the tablet is an:

-Haipad/APAD 7´ M701 Android 2.1 Telechips TCC8902 (Red led & Type C mini hdmi out)
-CPU: Telechips Tcc8902 @720 MHz
-RAM: 256MBs DDR
-HDD: 2GBs HDD

Dont know yet how to backup or upgrade the firmware/ROM...

Locobox

Jan 3, 2011
Does not matters if the model's name is G10, aPad, ePad or Haipad, the model is M701 and inside all of them is a Telechips 89XX CPU with differen Ram configurations.

Thanks everyone for the help on this topic.

/Marc