What system is not too complicated to maintain my tablet?

odufreak

Jan 3, 2012
I just received an Android Tablet for Christmas. I of course was overjoyed when I first got it, but now I am overwhelmed. A feeling I am sure many new owners of tablets go through from time to time. My goal is to use it in my professional life as well as personal, and like all computers, the system needs to be maintained and up-to-date. Last week I bought System Tuner Pro from the Market and tonight I have uninstalled it. As sophisticated as the App is, it is also all so confusing. I felt I was doing more harm than good to my tablet so I got rid of it. But I still need a reliable App to help keep my tablet running in top shape. Any advice would appreciated.
odufreak.

G37

Jan 3, 2012
A simple application like Advanced Task Killer should do the trick. It has simplified settings with as little as many frills. In my opinion, your tablet isn't like your windows PC where things become unmanageable and you're never left wondering, "now where did that app go?". You're in control of what applications you put on there. Android shouldn't need a system tuner pro app, I think those are gimmicks.

On a much larger topic, the ease of use all depends on who made your tablet. Many larger tablet makers customize the android experience to make things easier for you. If you're a basic, non-tech user, using your android shouldn't be complicated at all! But if it is, that's what these forums are for :).

In short, ditch the system tuner pro, close out of apps properly (sometimes hitting the home button doesn't do it!), use an easy task killer program like the one I mentioned and enjoy

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Well since you don't list what version of Android you have, AND you don't say what kind of tablet you have so this question is actually almost impossible to answer. Task Killers are actually probably NOT the way to go unless you have a device running Android 1.6, the new versions work much better. The OS is pretty clean running, and there is actually not a lot you will need to do in the way of daily "tuning." Remove apps that you install but don't use, read about custom ROMs to see if that is supported on your device and something you want to try, and basically don't mess too much with the core OS.