what tablet should i get

ian2494

Jun 16, 2010
i had on order a eken m003 from ebay uk seller paid for it but they never had it in stock as the customs had them all :mad: so now waiting for a refund
so can anyone tell me what tablet i should get now or should i just get another m003 as i like the size of the eken thanks all

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
I'd stay away from the EKEN tablets, at least as long as they stick to the VIA CPU. At this point, the Rockchip CPU tablets are a better choice.
What's inside m003 seems to be up for debate - Some sites say VIA @ 600MHz, some VIA @800 MHz, some Rockchip...

ian2494

Jun 16, 2010
I'd stay away from the EKEN tablets, at least as long as they stick to the VIA CPU. At this point, the Rockchip CPU tablets are a better choice.
What's inside m003 seems to be up for debate - Some sites say VIA @ 600MHz, some VIA @800 MHz, some Rockchip...

well looks like its the eken got a tracking number from them after royal mail tried to deliver today so will need to collect it tomorrow hope its a rockchip

mattstakilla

Jun 13, 2010
I haven't on the android tablet scene for long but I have done a lot of research before I purchased mine and from what I have read there is no Eken that has the Rockchip processor. Many claim to have one in them but once the person gets it, they find out that it doesn't. either by opening the system up or running tests on it.

Good luck anyway

MutantCheese

May 18, 2010
If you can wait till late summer/early fall there will be more viable tablet solutions on the market. The current Chinese versions are very problematic. I had an apad, which is now a paperweight (sent back for refund). I also have a Archos 7HT which is solid, but equipped with only a touch reflective screen and Android 1.5. Hopefully, we will see a capacitive screen and Android 2.0+ soon. I'd wait.

ian2494

Jun 16, 2010
well got the apad today and it had a cracked screen so i told them i now want a full refund also escalated the dispute with paypal

ian2494

Jun 16, 2010
when i contacted them the cheeky sods said we will give u £15 back and u can keep it i told them where to shove it that i wanted a full refund plus the price of return postage

sandmanfvr

Jun 18, 2010
I got my wife the base ipad and that is what she wanted and needed. It is a wonderful device, but I would like some comparable android device, 9 to 10 inches, with 1ghz, android 2.1 or higher, etc etc with usb and flash later on, with a GREAT captive (think that is how you say it) touch screen. Maybe when bigger names make their, they will be better. Would like android, with power in my hands to do more than the ipad.

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
Exactly. I would not buy this because it is running 1.5....

In terms of priority, you should make sure you are looking at the hardware before looking at the OS.

At this point in time, most of the devices running Android 1.6/1.7 and higher are running the slower processors. On the flip side, the devices running the better processors (RockChips) are running Android 1.5.

I personally have both devices (a) VIA processor with Android 1.7 and (b) RockChips processor with Android 1.5. The RockChips based device with android 1.5 is a much better user experience and I can't find a single reason why I would want the VIA + Android 1.7 device over my RockChips one. In fact, the via device is sitting in a drawer whereas I use my RockChips device (Moonse E-7001) every night.

I agree with someone who posted earlier in the thread -- I'd prefer a 1 Ghz processor and a bigger screen... but unfortunately there just aren't any devices like that available for sale right now.