What to buy - Suggestions?

riverty

Aug 12, 2010
Hello all in Android land!

I'm interested in purchasing an Android tablet and my search for information landed me here. After lots of reading, I have come to these conclusions: I need Android OS Version 2.x + to render Flash. Most of the offerings here in the US (Archos 5 / 7) only have Android 1.5/1.6 and are not upgradeable to 2.x. A lot of people are buying units from China. Please correct me if I'm wrong in this.

I don't want a phone, just a tablet. 7" screen would be fine, 10" is a little too big for my needs. What tablet would you suggest I look at? If I have to buy from China to get an Android 2.x tablet, is there a reputable company that you would suggest?

Thank You all for reading!

Ty...

Kevx

Aug 12, 2010
I'm glad that I don't plan on buying until my birthday in November, because it looks like there will be many new and improved tablets hitting the market by that time. If you can, hold off a bit before purchasing.

phillsky

Aug 5, 2010
Hello all in Android land!

I'm interested in purchasing an Android tablet and my search for information landed me here. After lots of reading, I have come to these conclusions: I need Android OS Version 2.x + to render Flash. Most of the offerings here in the US (Archos 5 / 7) only have Android 1.5/1.6 and are not upgradeable to 2.x. A lot of people are buying units from China. Please correct me if I'm wrong in this.

I don't want a phone, just a tablet. 7" screen would be fine, 10" is a little too big for my needs. What tablet would you suggest I look at? If I have to buy from China to get an Android 2.x tablet, is there a reputable company that you would suggest?

Thank You all for reading!

Ty...

From what I understand, most units ships from China, Hong Kong or Singapore. I don't know of any one in the US that has any devices in stock, except maybe K-Mart. Oh, hang on, didn't DELL start to ship there android unit today?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Pre-ordered people only for today. Dell Streak comes tomorrow.

The Augen Gentouch is pretty good for what it is I think

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
AuGen Gentouch 78 good value. I don't know if the next Gentouch will be out this year featuring all that's it Euro SmartSurfer (Gentouch) offers?