What's This One Please

Fozzer

Dec 14, 2010
I have just had this tablet delivered and could I ask your help on identifying it so I know the right forum to read.
It's a 7 inch scroll tablet From Storageoptions.com running Android 2.1
With a telechips 800 Mhz processor

b26cdd22-8f80-0222.jpg

b26cdd22-8f93-9ef8.jpg

b26cdd22-8fc2-1770.jpg

b26cdd22-8fe0-6d76.jpg

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board (US) using Tapatalk

ogarlen

Dec 21, 2010
Sorry, I give up. I have this identical device and have asked around on multiple forums to no avail. I have installed over 50 games\apps for the kids to tinker around with and I guess that will have to be enough... :( Really enjoy getting into these things and ramping them up if possible, however do not want to brick their presents. So, unless some kind soul can point us in the right direction, we are at a loss. I guess there are just not enough users with this model. BTW, I think I replied to another post of yours somewhere (slatedroid.com?) and told you what I knew; that these are almost identical to the CherryPad by CherryPal. Possibly also akin to the NanoPad. Mine is identical to yours without the large black bar on the back and the stickers (same buttons and menu info).

ogarlen

Dec 21, 2010
On a side note - is there nothing for us "generic of the generic" owners to do, beyond try and possibly brick devices? Will admit I am not an Android expert, however is there no root option for Android 2.1 that is not specific to the model/manufacturer? Also, is there no way of flashing to an optimized version of the OS for an unknown generic? I guess I don't understand why optimized or newer versions of Android are specific to the device model...

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
download the app "quick system info pro" and then you can identify the processor and a possible rom to use

ogarlen

Dec 21, 2010
Per Android System Info, I have the ARMv6-compatible processor rev 6 (v6I) and the hardware is Telechips TCC89/91/92XX Demo Board, Frequency is 720mhz. From my understanding, this is a tcc8902 processor.

Does that help?

Last edited:

Fozzer

Dec 14, 2010
Per Android System Info, I have the ARMv6-compatible processor rev 6 (v6I) and the hardware is Telechips TCC89/91/92XX Demo Board, Frequency is 720mhz. From my understanding, this is a tcc8902 processor.

Does that help?
I will do the same and post back later hopefuly we can find the right forum

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Fozzer

Dec 14, 2010

Does that help?

Just installed quick system info pro and mine has the same specs, just got to find the right forum for the hacking to begin

Sent From Android 2.1 Telechips 800 Mhz Tablet

ogarlen

Dec 21, 2010
If it helps, I was able to use z4root to root this device successfully.

Also, if you have any Market issues: Once rooted, use AndroidTweak to uninstall Market. It won't remove the icon, however when you launch it, you will have to go thru setup again (i.e. accept terms, etc) and then you should be able to download and install apps. Worked on one of mine!

Last edited:

Fozzer

Dec 14, 2010
If it helps, I was able to use z4root to root this device successfully.

Also, if you have any Market issues: Once rooted, use AndroidTweak to uninstall Market. It won't remove the icon, however when you launch it, you will have to go thru setup again (i.e. accept terms, etc) and then you should be able to download and install apps. Worked on one of mine!

Ogarlen
Where did you get z4root ?

Now you have root have you found any custom rom threads yet?

Sent From Android 2.1 Telechips 800 Mhz Tablet

Fozzer

Dec 14, 2010
ogarlen

I have downloaded and installed z4root but every time I run the app my tab switches off. When I restart I don't have super user access. Can you talk me through what you did

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk