Haipad with Android 2.2 Hot!

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Here you go:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

it nstalls fine for me but
if you can please check the SHA of the file before using it.
According to u115 the SHA1 is:
SHA1:7FF255F16B648B95C5891BAB7393CBC23E08DF19

I had problems connecting to WPA2/PSK accesspoints.
This build seems fine, it has market access and OMX support, tells it is kernel .32
there are still no softbuttons in the status bar else it seems to be fine.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2010
I was able to setup to wifi after a factory rest which appeared to not do much apart from allowing me to connect to wifi. After this I managed to get the market to work, then I had a problem with the market, worked the first time and then shortly after had the download unsuccessful message, after looking on the net found a solution which was get rid of market cache in settings - applications - manage applications - running tab then select market and then just clear cache. It worked for me. This worked and allowed me to download a file manager so that I could browse the sdcard and enabled me to load some backups. This version didin't come with a file manager. Now again i have awifi problem seems intermittant anyone know how to fix it?

Docop

Mar 6, 2011
For me i curently experiencing a different problem. Into the FWDN manager, when i connect the tablet i got: on the right side at top : Kernel 51200kb in gray and after it's : SD Data 3819007 kb ! It's not a nand data as per the guide into the rar file Haipad_m701_2.2.1.

$mien-cote.jpg
So, here is the view of the side of the device. (dc,reset,phone,hdmi,usb,sd,tvout) And when i access the fastboot mode, it's written in bottom : Monia (ShenZhen) technologie center. And in the info in system menu it's : MID 5/7' cn and it's 3.31gigs of space, so with root and sys , it's mostly a 4gigs device. Does it make that as not be a Haipad and that firmware cannot be install ? I was able to root it, but i can't install clockwokmod from adb as having wrong size partition.

Any hint will be welcome

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I am sticking with 2.1.for now.

IMHO I think that's a wise course of action if you want a stable "daily driver".

Maybe I'm missing something, but based on what I read I can't see what a 2.2 build would give me at this time other than reduced features and reduced stability.
It's cool for the tinkering crowd though, and may help with some useful developments in the future.

Last edited:

wowzaz

Nov 24, 2010
I don't believe it finally works for 2gb version haipad m701. Everything seems to work but I don't seem to have access to wifi. Maybe it has something to do with mine being an ly-f518. That could possibly be it. However it seems to function, a definite for download if you have been waiting. A few minor problems that should be resolved shortly but minor from what I could see. Video worked, avi files it read but no sound for me. I will check!

I don't have sound out of the left side of earbuds..I've tried several headphones/earbuds and none of them give me sound from the left side? Right side works. So it's like stereo sound had been disabled. Unless something has gone wrong with just my device.

weird.. sound worked perfectly on 2.1 though.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This is a reupload of a custom firmware of some sort
此固件是99PAD 派友albertdsh 提供,已经测试OK。欢迎大家使用,在此也感谢albertdsh 对海纳的支持。

Supposedly by albertdsk.

99pad link

Not sure what to make of this

Last edited:

fantazyland

Mar 20, 2011
I recently bought the Haipad M701-r, updated to android 2.2 by the previous owner. It does NOT have a marlet place, or Adobe Flash player. I cannot play videos which is the main reason I bought it. I've spent hours online trying to figure it out. I also cannot find a driver for it so my computer will recognize it.

My preferrance would be to figure out how to put Marklet Place on it, or at least Adobe Flash so I can watch video's.

I am Totally stumped.
PLEASE, PLEASE, help.......

Android 2.2
Kernal 2.6.32.9
Build Number: full_telechips_tcc8900_us-eng 2.2 MASTER eng.cbslwg.201.............

z4a007

Feb 26, 2011
This is a reupload of a custom firmware

So you mean it's not offcial?

I didn't succed in downloading today and the download page went offline at some point.

Have you tried it?

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board (US) using Tapatalk

z4a007

Feb 26, 2011
This is a reupload of a custom firmware of some sort

Supposedly by albertdsk.

99pad link

You are right: the traslation says "from friend Albertsh good to use", but I can't find a working link to test it.

Does anyone have a different working link for the 2.2.1 HY firmware?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Haipad really needs to find some other place to host their downloads (though if you ask me it's very amateurish that they aren't hosted on the Haipad site itself, but I'm guessing there must be some sort of problem with doing that or they would). That file hosting site Haipad is using - if I understand the translations correctly - requires you to use Internet Explorer (but you can spoof the user agent to "5" in Opera if you're on a Mac or Linux) and install their "Good Egg" software (which I assume is some kind of download assistant and is probably Windows-only if they require IE). The other download button (translates as "Dump") is for the RAR archive, but apparently still requires the "Good Egg" software. What a pain in the a$$ way to provide your "official" files!

While these firmware files are a bit big to email to someone, there are plenty of file hosting sites out there that could easily accommodate them without these ridiculous restrictions and hoops. Like RadpidShare or Megaupload (or any of a dozen others) that don't even require an account if you're willing to wait for a bit. Unless there is some roadblock to people in China using such sites?

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
I was able to download the Firmware Haipad linked.
Here is the Multiupload mirror:
REMOVED

I was not able to test it because i have the 2GB version fo the m701.
please let me know if it works

Usualy u.115 works quite well (even 3rd party download manager worked) but in the last few weeks i got more and more problems downloading from them.

//EDIT: Seems like my download manager corrupted the file -.-
anybody who used this download please re-flash your pads, who know what got broken!

Last edited:

z4a007

Feb 26, 2011
I was able to download the Firmware Haipad linked.
Here is the Multiupload mirror:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

I was not able to test it because i have the 2GB version fo the m701.
please let me know if it works

Usualy u.115 works quite well (even 3rd party download manager worked) but in the last few weeks i got more and more problems downloading from them.

Thank you very much !

I tried many times with not luck.

Tomorrow morning I'alle get and try it.

I'll let you know

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board (US) using Tapatalk