When will see a commercially available Android tablet in the US?

mapexvenus

Jul 3, 2010
The Archos doesn't interest me because it is still running an older version of Android and there is nothing on it's roadmap in terms of upgrade to 2.1 or higher.

I might have to end up buying an iPad.

Apologies for sounding frustrated, but as a firm believer in this platform I am very disappointed that with the plethora of awesome Android phones, there isn't a single Android tablet available in the US (apart from the Archos which I am not interested in).

pawnslinger

Jul 2, 2010
I think that 2010 is the year for the Android tablet. Lots of big players are preparing to enter the market, I am most interested in the proposed tablet from MSI. It is going to be a Tegra 2 based system, a dual core ARM processor, base on 40nm process. From what I hear, they are trying to bring it out sometime this Summer.

mapexvenus

Jul 3, 2010
I think that 2010 is the year for the Android tablet. Lots of big players are preparing to enter the market, I am most interested in the proposed tablet from MSI. It is going to be a Tegra 2 based system, a dual core ARM processor, base on 40nm process. From what I hear, they are trying to bring it out sometime this Summer.

Thank you for your response. I know that there is a lot of chatter out there but I still haven't heard anything concrete. I was really excited for the Adam from Notion Ink, but that company seems to have all kinds of issues including (but not limited to) funding.

I just might end up with an iPad and see what comes out later this year that runs Android. Thankfully the iPad is so popular that it will have resale value when I decide to replace it with an Android device.

pawnslinger

Jul 2, 2010

Thank you for your response. I know that there is a lot of chatter out there but I still haven't heard anything concrete. I was really excited for the Adam from Notion Ink, but that company seems to have all kinds of issues including (but not limited to) funding.

I just might end up with an iPad and see what comes out later this year that runs Android. Thankfully the iPad is so popular that it will have resale value when I decide to replace it with an Android device.

I am not sure what your needs are, so I hate to recommend anything... but have you considered Archos? The Archos 5 IT is very nice, and from what I've seen is generally well thought of. I have resisted it only because I wish a slightly bigger screen. At first I didn't like the idea of their AppsLib, but now I read in the Archos forum that after their recent firmware upgrade, they have successfully installed and used the standard Android Apps Marketplace.

I too have considered an iPas. But it is very expensive and is missing several things I want... i.e. Android. I want an Android tablet. I am pretty sure I want a 7-10 inch apad.