Where to buy Archos in stock?

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
on a aside note, maybe this delay will convince me to try and get the adam notionink; apparently it will be outed by december 9th as well,

and maybeeeee* with gingerbread onboard...!!

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Ordered mine from Droidpad.com, but I DID order the 250GB IDD model, which is going to be friggin' AWESOME

They said it'll be shipped on December 16th, so I guess I'll just have to wait :(

TapNClick

Oct 17, 2010
I see on the Archos site this morning that both the 8gb and 16gb versions are available. I pre-ordered mine from a retailer, so I'm wondering when that retailer will receive a shipment and start fulfilling their preorders.

CarsnGadgets

Dec 6, 2010
I ordered mine from simplyelectronics.net on the 27th of November, The site said they had 37 in stock and an average of 2-7 days delivery.
Its now the 6th of December and still no tracking number or news from them.

I emailed them to chase it and was told that I should get a confirmation of dispatch this week. So we will see.....

fingers crossed. (I cant wait).

harpua1980

Dec 6, 2010
I ordered mine from simplyelectronics.net on the 27th of November, The site said they had 37 in stock and an average of 2-7 days delivery.
Its now the 6th of December and still no tracking number or news from them.

I emailed them to chase it and was told that I should get a confirmation of dispatch this week. So we will see.....

fingers crossed. (I cant wait).

Sounds like they're stalling until they actually have one to ship you

Jakeb1

Dec 6, 2010
I just ordered the 16gb from Archos, site says it will ship in 1-2days. I'll post when I get my tracking # e-mailed to me..... keeping my fingers crossed.

Kbxy73

Nov 27, 2010
Cancelled my order w/TG and J&R and ordered through Archos!

I just hope it's actually in stock cause it says "In stock orders usually ship in 1-2 days"

Last edited:

Teamflail

Dec 6, 2010
Same. Just ordered it from the Archos store. Let me know if any of you get your tracking number. Ordered and shipped next day air so hopefully will get it this week!!!

TapNClick

Oct 17, 2010
I see on the Archos site this morning that both the 8gb and 16gb versions are available. I pre-ordered mine from a retailer, so I'm wondering when that retailer will receive a shipment and start fulfilling their preorders.

Archos really needs to get a clue. After reporting the message above earlier today I checked back later and saw that all of the 8GB models were gone and I now see that the 16gb models are gone as well.

This should be a hint to Archos that this item is in hot demand because they are selling out as soon as they get new stocks. Will they keep holding back on manufacturing until potential buyers just give up and buy some other tablet that can actually be delivered in a few days? I just fail to see how the Archos executives can be no nonchalant about maintaining stocks when there are people out there right now who want to buy one of these things but yet cannot because only a limited number are available. Are they really that dense? What makes it even worse is that they do not make any attempt to explain to potential buyers why the supply chain is broken. If they simply made that one step it would lead to higher customer loyalty. I work in the CRM business - we have a saying: customer satisfaction is nice, but customer loyalty is priceless.

Jakeb1

Dec 6, 2010
Wow, already out of stock....amazing. I agree with you Tap, I'm just glad I ordered it when I did. I got my tracking confirmation at 4:51 p.m. central, I did 2 day shipping so I should have it Wednesday or Thursday.

Teamflail

Dec 6, 2010
Wow, already out of stock....amazing. I agree with you Tap, I'm just glad I ordered it when I did. I got my tracking confirmation at 4:51 p.m. central, I did 2 day shipping so I should have it Wednesday or Thursday.

Great to hear Jakeb1!! Hoping I get my tracking confirmation today but I ordered later than you. Next day air because I just have no patience. LOL. Sorry to hear they are no longer available TapNClick. I agree they should be producing these things like madmen.

Last edited:

cuzza

Nov 9, 2010
Archos really needs to get a clue. After reporting the message above earlier today I checked back later and saw that all of the 8GB models were gone and I now see that the 16gb models are gone as well.

This should be a hint to Archos that this item is in hot demand because they are selling out as soon as they get new stocks. Will they keep holding back on manufacturing until potential buyers just give up and buy some other tablet that can actually be delivered in a few days? I just fail to see how the Archos executives can be no nonchalant about maintaining stocks when there are people out there right now who want to buy one of these things but yet cannot because only a limited number are available. Are they really that dense? What makes it even worse is that they do not make any attempt to explain to potential buyers why the supply chain is broken. If they simply made that one step it would lead to higher customer loyalty. I work in the CRM business - we have a saying: customer satisfaction is nice, but customer loyalty is priceless.

Unfortunatley it is not that simple to upscale a supply chain. When you have fixed factorys (I imagine the ones that formally churned out the Gen 7 stuff) no business can upscale their plant without significant investment, if they didn't predict that their Gen 8 tablets would sell this well back in say January they would nothave had the time to scale up. Since the market didn't even know they were coming back then and Tablets had not taken off nearly as big as they have now you can't expect them to have planned that level of risky investment which if not paying off can bankrupt a company.

Sometimes we all just need to be patient - if you really must have one right now I suggest paying $200-300 extra to some e-bay shark but personally I would advise just waiting

Fritz75

Nov 2, 2010
I received my Archos 101 on 12/03 and I am very pleased with it! See my post on the Archos 101 forum Archos 101 forum • View forum - Archos 101 when will it be released? I have had this device on back order at CompUSA since mid October. During the long wait I checked out the Viewsonic G Pad but am now glad I didn't buy one. The Specs on the G Pad looked very good but the Archos device is Lighter, thinner and designed like a beautiful watch! I have also handled the IPad and it too is heavy and feels like a brick in your hands! In my post I try to point out some small problems with the Archos 101 but I managed to fix them easily.
Check out the user manual at ARCHOS 101 User Guide
Fritz

Last edited:

Kbxy73

Nov 27, 2010
Someone pointed out in the other thread that the blank email (return policy) wasn't showing up on certain places like on the iphone or mac mail. I checked through the web and it had my tracking #included!!

I ordered 12/6 @ 11a.m