Where to buy Archos in stock?

keebz

Nov 4, 2010
i purchased an 8gb Archos 101 from Tigerdirect day before and it ships out tomm! They are hard to find, you'd be lucky to come across one, just dont' wait to get it if it is available.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The bottom line is the vendors all got a limited number and a updated shipment mid-December 2010. The 16Gb units have not arrived in any quantity at all. There are likely a few vendors who still have some 8Gb. but it is a treasure hunt.

Best of Luck

cdelicath

Nov 28, 2010
yea i am seeing mid dec on all the sites.
i guess i will order one through tiger direct. with them being 1 hour from me i figure they are my best chance to get one before xmas!!!

achoo04

Nov 28, 2010
Being the impatient person I am, I picked up a G Tablet today @ Sears. If it doesn't work out then I'll return it and get the Archos. Best of luck to all.

achoo04

Nov 28, 2010
Got it from Academic superstore, should be delivered in 7-10 days.
They say they've everything (but the 70 8 GB).
Internet Tablets by ARCHOS from $299.95 at Academic Superstore
The reviews on this site are mixed, does anyone have a personal experience?

They have 2 listings on www.bbb.org. Both are accredited. One has no reviews and the other is A+. So take it for what it's worth I suppose.

BBB Review of Journey Education Marketing in Dallas, TX

BBB Review of Journey Education Marketing in Austin, TX

seamad

Nov 23, 2010
I ordered the Archos and got this info back
ARCHOS 101 Internet Tablet 8GB
Ships in 3-5 days 1461221 $299.95 $299.95
Subtotal: $299.95
Shipping & Handling:
Standard (4 to 7 Days) $0.00
Estimated Sales Tax: $27.18

After 1 day, checking the order status, I noticed that I was in pre-order, supposed delivery date end of December.
Order cancelled.
Total: $327.13

keebz

Nov 4, 2010
Mine just got delivered at 235 pm today! Can't wait to get home and play with this badboy

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
J&R Music has them on pre-order too. I have not heard of any US online or brick & mortar store having them in stock. Also, I could not find the 7o & 101 at TigerDirect.com.

Kbxy73

Nov 27, 2010
TD has them available again on the website. Well only the 16GB! Says Order today, ship today.

Last edited:

TapNClick

Oct 17, 2010
J&R Music has them on pre-order too. I have not heard of any US online or brick & mortar store having them in stock. Also, I could not find the 7o & 101 at TigerDirect.com.

I wonder why Archos is not picking up on the fact that there seems to be considerable interest in this tablet and do something to goose production so that the units become available before xmas? Are they not interested in revenue? Or is demand simply outstripping all attempts to get manufacturing geared up to the point where they steadily send out shipments of the units?

What I find incredible is that the archos.com web site isn't even making any attempts to be honest about all of this and meet all inquiries with dead silence. Normally any company that doesn't want to lose business will at least make some level of effort to assure consumers that actions are being taken to resolve delivery problems. Is this perhaps just a form of French arrogance in the end? Or are they so self-assured that they believe that they can simply ignore the consumer?