Where to buy ebooks?

ender07

Feb 3, 2011
Hey, I wanted to buy some ebooks on my kyros but I wasn't sure where to start looking. I tried to root it but it won't work no matter what I use to root it, so I am stuck without the "google experience." Is there a good app to use to buy popular name books?

code347

Feb 4, 2011
Hey, I wanted to buy some ebooks on my kyros but I wasn't sure where to start looking. I tried to root it but it won't work no matter what I use to root it, so I am stuck without the "google experience." Is there a good app to use to buy popular name books?

Well the answer would be, anywhere e-books are sold?

Seriously... Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Walden Books, any of the major book retailers...

I believe the Alkido App will also provide you a way to purchase books. You can also directly download e-books and place them into your device...

20 Places to Find Free Books Online | Northern Cheapskate

The link will give you other links to track down free books.

Happy reading!

ender07

Feb 3, 2011
I just wanted to make sure it would be compatible. I got the kindle app now but I'm unsure how to download books I buy. Do they sync automatically or do u download them to the app somehow?

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
The kindle app syncs with your kindle account so if you have the app on your kyros, simply hit the menu button and it should take you to the mobile store where you can buy your books and they wil deliver wirelessly.

The Aldiko app is a good reader and I love the layout but the store is terrible. Fortunately, the aldiko app is the easiest to import 3rd party books to. Download them and put them on your Sd card and you can import them to Aldiko.

Good luck and happy reading.

Sent from my MID7015

RVS78

Feb 24, 2011
You can also try Smashwords.com - a lot of small press & indie writers there, me included. : ) I have kindle and nook apps installed as well as the aldiko that came with the device. I sideloaded most of my ebooks, makes it easier to organize them that way.

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

kmax04

Feb 25, 2011
Borders now has an app in AppsLib. I just started using it and it's easy to use. I have a droid phone also and downloaded the app on there as well. All your books you purchase are on all your devices. Take THAT iTunes! Oh - it also has a cool reading at night feature - won't keep up the hubby when I'm reading in bed.

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
I downloaded the Kindle app yesterday and no matter what I did, I could not get the menu button to work. Finally after getting frustrated i just un-installed it.