Which are the "Rockstars" of the generic China tablet world?

trakstar

Dec 11, 2010
Hello, I'm look to sell tablets in Africa. I've been researching all over the internet this past week and am quite overwhelmed with the selection.

Basically I'm only looking for the top quality China tablets $250 and under.

What models should I look out for?

Like I've heard about the Gpad, Apad, Irobot and I was told that Eken brand was an "Ipad killer".

Basically I want to know which models have the best name right now?

Thanks

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I would assume that "aPad" is probably the most recognizable Chinese tablet on the market. At this point basically anything RK28*8 is popular still....

gobbledygook

Mar 16, 2011
I would assume that "aPad" is probably the most recognizable Chinese tablet on the market. At this point basically anything RK28*8 is popular still....

Thanks, bro! I saw that you are quite experienced in China-made tablets. So, your opinion will be more than helpful. I am looking for cheap (100-200 USD) 7" device, that has Bluetooth support and "cellular phone tethering". I need this device to access the internet through my mobile phone when Wi-Fi is not available. I have reviewed option with MiFi, but it's expensive (additional 100 USD for hardware only). It's also suits me well if tablet can use external USB bluetooth dongle to provide tethering. But so far, I have not found such device. ecargoonline recommended one tablet that supports external bluetooth, but, unfortunately, it cannot be used for tethering.

I have contacted HaiPad manufacturer regarding M7, but it has not bluetooth build-on. They recommended M701-R/M701 instead.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
The only Chinese tablet (that I know of) that will support 3G usb modem/(slight tethering) is the Zenithink ZT-180. These usually price around $160 - $190, depending on where you go. I am not certain the quality of the tablet, as I have no experience with them. I do know it's a 10.1" tablet with 512MB RAM (flash ready), Android 2.2, and a 1Ghz processor. I"ve read that the battery life is a bit short, at around 3 hours.

I know that bluetooth isn't a feature on this tablet, but it *might* be possible to hook up a bluetooth dongle... but do not quote me on that.

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
"The only Chinese tablet (that I know of) that will support 3G usb modem/(slight tethering) is the Zenithink ZT-180."

I beg to differ - what about Wits A81G with USB port for external 3G, Bluetooth and GPS - but $250?

Diskus

Mar 8, 2011
There are so many Rockchip tablets in China market under $250. As far as i know, Wopad is one of best ones among Rockchip tablets. It is 7 inch with capacity screen, supporting 720P video with HDMI port and the price is around $190. Most important, its quality is steady.

gobbledygook

Mar 16, 2011
There are so many Rockchip tablets in China market under $250. As far as i know, Wopad is one of best ones among Rockchip tablets. It is 7 inch with capacity screen, supporting 720P video with HDMI port and the price is around $190. Most important, its quality is steady.

Do you have personal experience with Wopad?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010