white pandigital novel trouble installing update

mcwife98

Dec 31, 2010
Hello I just received the white pandigital novel christmas and I noticed there was a new firmware update on their website I was able to download the update. When I turned my novel off and then turned it back on by holding the power and volume + button for 5 secs like told I get the little guy and the progress bar for like 2 seconds and then the bar goes away and my novel has the little robot with a triangle around a ! and it seems to be frozen. If anyone could help me out that would be great. I am not really sure what to do.

One more thing it shows on the website and the box that when you turn the novel on its side it should show a clock and the main tool bar at the bottom but mine will not do that. On the main page it stays in the vertical position even when docked. Any help on that to would be great.

Thank you

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Can you reset the unit and get back to the original firmware? Are you sure the downloaded file is different than the one already on the unit? You might try two or three times with the new firmware, I've had it fail then take the next time.

mookiedemps

Jan 2, 2011
Hello I just received the white pandigital novel christmas and I noticed there was a new firmware update on their website I was able to download the update. When I turned my novel off and then turned it back on by holding the power and volume + button for 5 secs like told I get the little guy and the progress bar for like 2 seconds and then the bar goes away and my novel has the little robot with a triangle around a ! and it seems to be frozen. If anyone could help me out that would be great. I am not really sure what to do.

One more thing it shows on the website and the box that when you turn the novel on its side it should show a clock and the main tool bar at the bottom but mine will not do that. On the main page it stays in the vertical position even when docked. Any help on that to would be great.

Thank you

I got the same thing, the little robot with the Triangle !. This was after my updated firmware. Now I can not get it to turn off. Have done the reset button, did not work. Still on with the little robot, this has been hours ago. If you find out what to do let me know.

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Try pulling the battery plug for a few minutes, should shut it off, then ? on what you will find. May revert to original or you might need to reflash with original or downloaded version and see how it goes.

fran76

Dec 25, 2010
i refreshed and went back to black screen but it wont turn on again :( i tried plugging it back in to re do firmware update & it started process but says it cant read or find my pd ereader. i am in tears.

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
What firmware are you trying to install? If open platform, did you read the instructions?

Don't fret, it is near impossible to brick on of these.

Some possible answers.

Download the firmware again and try it.
Try flashing an older version of firmware.

fran76

Dec 25, 2010
I had that happen too & did the pinhole refresh. Worked perfect. Now however my pinhole does not work. I use tweezers and unplugg the batt plug. CAREFULLY. I did the 11/19 EXTERNAL CARD hack last week and it's awesome :cool:

Last edited: