Who's running what ROM?

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Have you guys seen this one? TapnTap UAT(?) build 1.2-5274 - xda-developers
And Roebeet's comment of 1.1 bl !

Dave

Roe's Mountain Laurel update to 3.0.0 has incorporated these updates from this ROM.

There are still glitches--- he mentioned something about SOD issues, even with stock kernal.

*edit* running the Mountain Laurel 3.1.0. Hdware acceleration supported, full 1080p HDMI playback. Stock keyboard is less than impressive. I use TnT western. I flashed clemsyns kernal and it ran without sod. Not once.

sent from my Mountain Laurel 3.1.0 Gtablet using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
In the clear from Mountain Laurel (too many little issues). Flashed 5274, I actually liked it. Got the lookand feel of stock ROM without looking at the settings, you could never tell the difference. Flashed Brilliant Corners, first impression is that this is what Tap n Tap should've looked like. Running 1.3.0, need to do the update. Can't change the friggin keyboard again.

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet using Tapatalk

gTabletOwners

Aug 13, 2011
Congratulations on child number 2!

I'm holding out for zhyong to come out with an update for Gtabcomb.

Any idea where Zhyong went off to? I think it was a big mistake XDA did the big re-organisation. Made everything confusing and drove away the users and developers.

gTabletOwners

Aug 13, 2011
So far, I've got: (will be edited as I find new additions)

Stock Tap n Crap 4349, 4950, 5274 (new)--Froyo
Brilliant Corners--Froyo
Mountain Laurel 3.1.0--Froyo (recent update)
Century Eyes--Froyo
VEGAn-Tab--Froyo (ported from 1.1bl)
Beast ROM--Froyo
Flashpoint 1.0--Froyo

?Vanilla AOSP--Gingerbread
CM7Tab--Gingerbread
AOSP G-Harmony 2.3.4--Gingerbread
VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition--Gingerbread

Flashback--Honeycomb
GtabComb--Honeycomb
Bottle of Smoke--Honeycomb
Android Illuminate--Honeycomb

There has to be more.... That was after looking for 5 minutes.

sent from my FlashBack 7.2 Gtablet using Tapatalk

I made a compilation list here. Unfortunately, I did not made direct links to the original post. You can probably find them by searching for the developer name and release name. Eg: Cocide (Evervolv), Cocide is the dev name, Evervolv is release name.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
The list I made was started via the assumption that the 1.1bootloader is dead in the water. Comments made by Roebeet stated that the 1.2 bootloader is here to stay. The devs aren't paying too much attention to the old bl software anymore.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Congratulations on child number 2!

I'm using Gtabcomb 3.3 on bootloader 1.2. I was on 1.1 and braved converting it over using nvflash (which I had initially hesitated to use, until I bricked my tab using some instructions that work the way it claimed it would. YAY to the gtablet for dummies page! I got back on track there). I'm almost tempted to go back to Gingerbread (I used to run VeganGinger) but I'm holding out for zhyong to come out with an update for Gtabcomb.

Have you noticed a significant difference in performace between the 1.2 and 1.1BL version of Gtab-comb?.. I'm running the 1.1BL version.. if the 1.2BL vesion runs smoother i'll look toward updating.....

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Have you noticed a significant difference in performace between the 1.2 and 1.1BL version of Gtab-comb?.. I'm running the 1.1BL version.. if the 1.2BL vesion runs smoother i'll look toward updating.....

There shouldn't be much, if any difference between 1.1 and 1.2 bl. The ROM you use may not be updated for the 1.1 bl. If it is being updated then you should be fine on your current BL. That would determine the difference in performance.

The only thing is, that the devs aren't really supporting the 1.1bl anymore. As the popularity of the 1.2bl comes to rise. If you check on SlateDroid or XDA, you will find more 1.2 bl development going on.

There may be limitations that the 1.1bl offers that the 1.2 doesn't. I'm not sure, but I have read everything I could locate on the differences. The only thing (to me) seems to be a physical number. I think I read somewhere that the 1.2 bl ROMs tend to have working cameras on most ROMs. HoneyComb is another story, however. HC uses different code to make the camera function than what is used on the Froyo/Gingerbread ROMs. Hardware acceleration is still in the no-to-distant future. I believe that it will be fully functional by the end of the year. At least, at the rate the devs are working.

luvduchovny

May 20, 2011

Sharpe 351 is right. I don't notice a significant difference in performance between the two bootloaders. I went ahead and converted it because I was having quirky issues with 1.1 that I thought would be resolved in the 1.2 version. But I am still getting the random initiation screen that wants me to put my google info into. I can touch the skip button and it responds better, but if I want to check my gmail I am still stuck with putting in the google info. Sometimes I can reboot and I don't get this, but other times it turns up, unusually when I'm in a hurry and trying to check on something. (Like Gmail or Market).

I'm hoping when this gets updated again it will resolve this problem. Oh annoyance 2 was I couldn't get Netflix to install on this version on GTabcomb. It installed with no issues on the 1.1 but this time around I couldn't pull it up in Market, nor could I install it via going to the market webpage. (Luckily I had downloaded the apk and stored it on dropbox a while ago and it works).

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Now its time for me to go to work. I just got my Ubuntu/XP dual boot box back from my stepdad. Cudos to him for rebuilding it for me. I am going to start messing around with a few ROMs to see if I can get anything more out of them.

I also need some assistance setting up NVflash on my Ubuntu machine... I've downloaded all the necessary items, but I need reference as to how to use it essestially. I know ADB and such. Just need a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks, Mike

*edit*--nevermind... on the NVflash thing at least.... I found Roebeet's NVflash thread on SD. Got the right files.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2011
Anyone else using century eyes? Runs great, but skype outgoing video is upside down. Everything else is perfect, runs smooth

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Anyone else using century eyes? Runs great, but skype outgoing video is upside down. Everything else is perfect, runs smooth

The Skype thing is a known issue.

sent from my Calkulin+Clemsyn 7 Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Yep, check slatedroid.com

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum