Widgets on V989

vsherry

Oct 5, 2014
Despite reading instructions on several sites, I am having the worst time getting widgets on my tablet. I have enabled widgets in the security settings, but after that, I do not know how to get them to run. Long-pressing on my screen does not bring up a menu option for widgets. Basically, I just install widgets, and an icon pops up just as it would for any other program; the trouble is, of course, I cannot use it. I would really like to have a large clock with weather and battery information on my main screen, just as I did with previous tablets. Does anyone know how to help me with this?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I am guessing you put the widgets on a home screen from the widgets page in the app drawer? Are all the widgets not working? Something doesn't sound right with your explanation of the problem but I can't quite figure out what.

vsherry

Oct 5, 2014
How do I get to a widgets page or the apps drawer?

The only ways to access apps that I see are the icons on the homepages or the apps section in settings, which includes widgets right along with regular apps. I see no place where I can drag a widget off.

This isn't like my V972, which had what I believe you are talking about.

vsherry

Oct 5, 2014
I don't see a launcher button anywhere on this tablet. That is how I used to access them.

vsherry

Oct 5, 2014
Never mind. I just installed Nova Launcher. This will take care of that.