will not connect

dberg001

Jul 30, 2011
I just got this tablet.. connecting to wi-fi, shows it is connected but will not open a browser. Says web page not available. status says connected, signal strength excellent... what am I doing wrong?

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
I just got this tablet.. connecting to wi-fi, shows it is connected but will not open a browser. Says web page not available. status says connected, signal strength excellent... what am I doing wrong?

The A500 has some wifi issues. There were system updates, and your tablet probably needs them. Unfortunately, without wifi, it's tough to do the updates.

Some questions that may help narrow down the cause:

Can you connect to the Android Market?
Do other devices connect to your wifi network OK?
Have you tried connecting to another Access Point, or Hotspot?
Is your router set to as friendly a connection as possible? That is, set to discover all kinds of devices, protocols, no special restrictions. WEP/WPA is fine, if you know the password, and maybe switch that off for now if you can.

Try this:
Press the router's reset button for 2 seconds (or switch it off then on).
Click Connect on the A500's wifi, and while it's searching for networks, turn the A500's wifi off then back on (in Settings).

If that doesn't work, while the A500 is searching for wifi networks, press the reset button (little hole in the side), to do a soft reset.

All of the above are "simple things", which likely won't mess anything up. Depending on how that turns out, you may need to try more complicated adjustments. But I thought you may start with this.

Last edited: