WITS A81E MID power-driven by 600MHz ARM Cortex A8 (Nationite MIDnite)

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
can you specify the OS please?
Can this tablet play 3D Games?
does it have a accelerometer?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
can you specify the OS please?
Can this tablet play 3D Games?
does it have a accelerometer?
1) Android 2.1, 2.2, WinCE
2) Yes, but don't expect compatibility with all the games out there
3) No

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
So this thing is supposed to be shipping rebranded. I've been scouring the manufacturer's QQ for updates, and there has been nothing of note other than bluetooth support.

I wonder if the ones launching at MP4Nation will be any good...

Sunny

Aug 26, 2010
So this thing is supposed to be shipping rebranded. I've been scouring the manufacturer's QQ for updates, and there has been nothing of note other than bluetooth support.

I wonder if the ones launching at MP4Nation will be any good...

I have upgraded to latest firmware and the bluetooth is still not working. A81E firmware 0823 2.2 BT

How would the rebranded version be any different?

Last edited:

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
I updated my A81E with 0818 version, supposedly where MARKET and GPS problems should have been resolved. I must confess I am very inexperienced with Android - have been looking at the world thru only Windows for over 20 years, but I find I am unable to download many so called popular apps from Market. As for GPS, directions work OK, but I have NO Navigation. Can someone please tell me if I have to download some other
app for voice navigation to work. Thanks.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I'm reading that bluetooth is now working. But the firmware is still a buggy mess. I really don't expect this to get significantly better with the MP4Nation branded version. But we'll see when it ships. Shipping from MP4Nation is being delayed for some reason.

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
NEED immeddiate HELP!
Hi,

I recd. my A81E on 8/23, loaded with version dated 08/06 - really loved it, especially the touch screen, which was no problem, contrary to what I have read!
I have since updated it with 0818 version, and have the following problems :
1.CALIBARATION: awful is the only word I can think of. While calibarating, the bulls-eye is dead to the touch in the bottom LEFT corner, so much so when I touch any char. in the virtual keyboard, it displays the upper left char, ex: press a and w appears. Tried to calibrate boith withy the stylus and my finger num ber of times. NO GOOD.

This morn. it boots up OK, and surprisingly even WIFI connected auto, which it did not previously. But it is DEAD to the TOUCH - NOTHING happens when I click the vertical bar to show the installed icons, or even when I press any one of 3 buttons ! When I press the bottom button, the
TASK BAR shows up on the home screen, but when I touch the Set5tings icon, the bar disappears. I am raw to Android and am at a loss to what next to do - I suppose I will have to REFLASH. Can anyone suggest anything else.
HE.................LP, PLEASE.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Well your touchscreen does seem to be registering touches. You should try a firmware reflash. I'm hoping it's not anything else wrong with the unit. Remember to use a good USB cable for flashing. Good luck.

kcallis

Aug 25, 2010
Alright... I am almost ready to bite the bullet. Just to check, have the problems with the Android Market been resolved? Is bluetooth working properly? And does the GPS not only function, but am I able to us Google Navigation? I don't know why I am being so anal about the navigation, since I have a Motorola Droid, but I just want to know that the possibility is there...

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I have applied the latest 831, Market Works, USB works, Calibrates better, Bluetooth works. No idea if GPS works as I did not buy GPS. All in All much better.

I was able to root and restore my apps without reinstallation.. The one holdover I still see is the SafeMode. I know what it does, I know how to start it. But I am still not sure if it is really needed on a non-3G device

I am not sure about your A81-E but the buttons and fitting is still a bit loose. Mine dates to July.

anchoret98

Aug 23, 2010
Google Navigation works. My location can be correctly shown on the map. But no turn-by-turn directions.