WMT2.1.2_105 not true.. help!

Mar 13, 2011
Hi

I just purcahsed an tablet and am having some concerns before using a rooted rom. Or maybe someone can tell me what they suggest.

I installed Tipster FW Check and it said my tablet is not compatibile.

This is what Tipsters FW CHeck says
Display 800x480
Android: Donut
Kernal: 2.6.29-000236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Internal storage: Dev/block/sdan

What info i found on the tablet
7 inch black tablet
Memory 256mb
FW: 1.6
model: Generic
Kernal: 2.6.29-000236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build: WMT2.1.2_105

Green power light, 1.3 camera, black ear phone jack.

I do not know which ROM to use. And is there anyway to get Google Market place (or something better then this app market they have on it) on this tablet.. i have 10 tablets that have it and work the way i want but i recently purchased these ones and having some issues with functionality

I just want this 7inch tablet to use android market, and i dont know if i can play angry birds on here (i have installed on current however screen is more then half cut off, unplayable, along with alot of other games)

Please help!

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
you might be able to find a rom that has a working market installed but you have to make sure its a correct rom for your device so i recommend posting some pics of your device that will help others tell you what exactly you have, and angry birds doesnt work on most lower end devices so you probably wont be able to play that but you might try angry bird season that tends to work better or just find some games that are similar like pandas vs ninjas or my new favorite game is stupid zombies i think its better then angry birds

Mar 13, 2011
Here are some pics
$DSC02551.jpg$DSC02550.jpg$DSC02549.jpg$DSC02547.jpg$DSC02546.jpg

I tried panadas and ninjas but didnt install, and zombies requires 2.1 and i dont got that on these

Mar 13, 2011
Here are pics i found on the net that are similar
$adsc40.jpg$ad01.jpg$adn04bx.jpg$adsc38.jpg$adsc39.jpg

The first pic the only differnce is my build# WMT2.1.2_105

any suggestions on ROMS? that might work i dont want to brick the device with a wrong rom...

Mar 13, 2011
I just tried premium honeycomb rom, but gets hung up at
--> Erase File-System partition fail! exit!
Maybe the Kernal don't support this NAND flash

does this mean the ROM is not compatible? now it is a brick :p green light comes but when i leave the SD card in it, it will boot to the installer but installer wont complete.

Help plZ

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
I've played angry birds 1.5.2 quite well on a cheap wm8505 based tablet! Just deactivate sound and music and dynamic backgrounds, enjoy!

Thanatoz

Mar 13, 2011
I just tried premium honeycomb rom, but gets hung up at
--> Erase File-System partition fail! exit!
Maybe the Kernal don't support this NAND flash

does this mean the ROM is not compatible? now it is a brick :p green light comes but when i leave the SD card in it, it will boot to the installer but installer wont complete.

Help plZ

ConnectFastMedia, I appear to have the same tablet and the same problem. I've tried Tipsters Honeycomb ROM, and a couple of others, but still get the same:

--> Erase File-System partition Fail! Exit!
Maybe the kernal don't support this NAND Flash

Did you ever find any ROM that works?

Thanatoz

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
No you need to use Firmware ROM XRS, RSX, GTR or RS were made for that type of tablet. Or you can use the Brand New Custom Build WMT2.0_90 for HoneyComb V9 that was just released go here.