Wopad W7001 RK2818 Capacitive 7" Android 2.1

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Last edited:

Squeeky4711

Dec 1, 2010
Got my Wopad WR701 yesterday, I haveto saw the screen is VERY nice. Most video reviews I watched, the resistive screens always had issues taking several attempts to click or slide. This tablet works great out of the box. For my wife that wanted an ipad fur surfing and apps, is very happy with this tablet. For once my froogle ways paid off.

Dec 9, 2010
What's browsing like on it? In some parts it seems kinda laggy...

Also, where did you end up getting it from, and how quickly did you get it?

imjayson

Dec 9, 2010
end up ordering a wopad.

did some searching before buying... i realised that there are at least 2 different versions:
1 model is the one posted by TS. (1280*600)
another model (the one i bought) has a webcam, higher capacity battery and is 800*480

will post a full review when i receive my device. can't wait. :)

Squeeky4711

Dec 1, 2010
Got mine from DHgate, the seller had great reviews and with free shipping it was less then Merimobiles. It was $224 total, item took 2 days to process and only 4 business days to arrive in Ohio from China using DHL. Currently wife is using default browser which is really easy to use with multi-touch features.

iamkells

Dec 14, 2010
Got mine from DHgate, the seller had great reviews and with free shipping it was less then Merimobiles. It was $224 total, item took 2 days to process and only 4 business days to arrive in Ohio from China using DHL. Currently wife is using default browser which is really easy to use with multi-touch features.

Can you name the seller from DHgate?

johnzo

Dec 12, 2010
this is the first time i've heard of dhgate - how trust worthy is the "DHgate Buyer Protection"??

Squeeky4711

Dec 1, 2010
Metal shell iPad Capacitive Screen Android 2.1 Rockchip 2818...USD 180.73/Piece Wholesale Price at **********

That is the seller I used, it was also my first time using DHgate. Transaction went very smooth, better then I expected honestly. The funds are held until you tell DHgate you received the item, so less chance of a seller screwing you over. You can also chat with many sellers, which is how I made sure the seller knew what he was talking about.

steveb625

Dec 18, 2010
I, too have one on order. I decided to try one out after watching Tai Pan's video review. Will receive after the holidays.
Anyone that already has one, how are basic games, video and HDMI out (if tried)?
Thanks.

FatalError

Dec 20, 2010
Hi all,

I have bought the WoPad from Euogo.com: Best Deals on Android Tablet,Tablet PC,Smartphones,Apple Accessories,Cool Gadgets & more from Hong Kong China

The delivery was quite fast (I used DHL) it took in total around 10 days to deliver to the Netherlands.

The Device:
The build quality is quite decent - not exceptional but for sure a lot better then most of the other China tablets out there. I really like the matt aluminium back which feels nicely in your hand.

For me the big deal was the capacitive screen which works remarkably well and is very responsive. The resolution of my device is 800x480. The device has also support for a G Sensor which is also very responsive.

The devices CPU is a Rockchip 2818 clocked at 660MHz. The CPU is a bit underpowered which makes web surfing from times a bit shaky. It is still bearable but it is light years away from your favorite smartphone.

HDMI out works great but only in the supplied video application - Movie playback is remarkable smooth up to 720p. I haven't tried any 1080p material yet.

The battery is 3000mAH and powers the tablet for around 4-5 hours of usage. In suspend mode I have observed a battery drainage of around 20% for 6-7 hours.

Something to note - this tablet is aimed as ebook reader and light web surfing device. The chipset doesnt have any support for OpenGL - so gaming on the device is out of reach. (no Angry birds!)

Please see below for some additional pictures.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I am more then happy to try to respond to all of them.

FatalError

Last edited:

ving

Dec 20, 2010
hi all, new here... will post more once i get my wopad from merimobiles :)
should in theory arrive 30/12/10

can wait, looks good