Xoom or G-Tab

jpfx

Dec 26, 2010
the screen was fine as long as you held in in the 'zone'. Video was most affected but doing practically anything else it wasn't much of an issue.
I think the current price is money very well spent.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Gentlemen, I am reading this thread with great interest. The old saying 'to each his own' is clearly on display here. So I thought to venture my 2 cents opinion.
I spent times at retailers playing around with many tablets and ended up with a Kindle 3 and a gtablet. All for $400 bucks.
These two represent the value of functionality, reliability, expandability, huge support and at a most reasonable price. At least, it is at the moment. They should be good for a year, or maybe two. By then, more powerful devices should be coming, and at a more affordable price.
I spent some times playing with a Xoom and with a sale rep at Costco. He demonstrated its capacity by running a few apps, a few games. When it comes to playing online media, hmmm, not yet. Got to do this and that. Fine, I look up the net to see how it can be rooted and public support. Not too much. So, one would wonder if it is worth its price tag.
I was tempted to purchase it anyway and experiment with it at my own space. But someone already did it and was gracious to share his thought, which match pretty much to my initial impression http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1031291.
At 1/2 the price, the gtablet has done more than I could expect. Follow the right advices, get the proper Rom, apps and widgets, the gtablet shines where it matters. That is what makes the gtablet most fun to have.
The Xoom could be a better choice, if the price tag is at more reasonable.
Dave,

P.S, here is a screen shot of the home page, and an adjustable stand that conveniently display it on my desktop. The screen was taken with this Screen Grabber http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1009451 and Calkulin _ Clemsyn combo.
$gTablet.Stand.3.jpgView attachment 2087

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
-> mydave

what'd you use to get your screen shots? the SDK? or a market app?

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
have to also weigh in with 2 more cents. I got the new clip case from electronic crap and it has made a huge difference! It has multiple viewing angles built into the stand, which is perfect for me when i am using it for different things. Basically it works out that I use the Docking Station at the desk which provides the proper angle, then the clip case when I am in meetings, cafeteria, etc, and that allows for the screen to stand at a different angle when I am doing different things. it is a HUGE improvement for me.