Yet Another "Help me indentify this tablet" thread

madmalkav

Dec 7, 2010
HI all. Been looking on the forum for this tablet but "LY-777" didn't throw any search results.

I want to ask if someone knows what chipset is used in this tablet, as I'm interested in buying only products that are compliant with the GPL and therefore make the source codes available. I have ahd enough with Archos 7HT and Rockchip to learn the lesson the hard way.

The tablet is this one: Buy LY-777 MID 797MHz CPU Android 1.6 TV Out 7 Inch 1GB White compare price at pandawill.com

Thanks a lot.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Google says that's a Samsung S3C6410 tablet. That's cheap for what it is, I guess. I don't expect the build quality to be very good. It's a risk buy, but hey it's 60 bucks.

Should be same as this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.41984

Video playback sounds like it's broken. But for an ebook reader this is as cheap as I've ever seen for any tablet shipped to your door. The Pandawill listing says 128MB RAM. I'm also reading that the accelerometer doesn't work on some units. Verify those if you want I guess...

madmalkav

Dec 7, 2010
I won't use the accelerometer or the video playback. It is more a "hacking and have fun with it" purchase, that is why I asked about the source code being available.

PS: anyway, when I add it to the basket the price doesn't get the discount, so it seems there is no order for me .

Last edited: