Your favorite apps for the Le Pan ?

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
OK now that we have had a couple weeks of playing with the new toy....What are your favorite apps that you are using? The wife has taken over the Le Pan (since it was a Christmas present for her). So far her favorites have been:

MyShopi - A grocery list app that has made shopping less of a chore.
Moon+ Reader - For our existing ePub library, no need re-buy e-books we already own.
MoboPlayer - Plays .avi's very well, I was having trouble with the stock video player.

Let us know what else you are using your Le Pan for.....

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
DolphinHD Browser (PS: dont know if anyone else has had this problem, but Opera wouldn't DL anything because it wouldnt recognize the LePan. Uninstalled.)
Netflix
Evernote for organization
Google Voice (so far the only way I have found to send SMS texts. Maybe I'm missing something, but it works, so whatever.)
Chess Free game, Sudoku, a few other games
Kindle
Comixology
4shared & 4shared music
sketchbook mobile
GPS
nook
imdb
tech crunch
appy geek
RSS Demon News & Podcast reader
Lookout security
mobo player
Dropbox (excellent app - don't pass it up - most useful thing on this machine hands-down.)
Perfect Viewer for comics
nifty thunderstorm live wallpaper. looks great, hasn't slowed me down a bit.

Last edited:

fuzzmanks

Nov 27, 2011
I'm also interested in a way to send SMS messages. I do have Google Voice account already (not the App) and send SMS from the desktop computer works fine. Also from the desktop I send SMS through my Yahoo Messenger. I was going to download the Yahoo Messenger app but the reviews were too good...plus apparently it continues to run even if you put your tablet to sleep. Meaning it will beep and make noises when people go online and offline.

theman7676

Dec 11, 2011
Which GPS app do you use? does it work on the road with no internet signal/ (can it cash the maps on the road or need to prep at home?)
thank you

iamtribble

Dec 8, 2011
I use a lot of travel apps like:
Idtravel seatcheck
FlightAware
FlightView
Traveler by Flightstats

If you are a Zuma fan, Marble blast is a great game with lots of levels and all the power-ups like Zuma had.

I am also a wallpaper nut, I am using this one now and it looks beautiful on my tablet. Lots of empty space to put apps and shortcuts.

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
Awesome...Thanks everyone who has given input so far. It's great to see these devices be used for so many different purposes.

I am definitely adding dropbox to the tablet tonight. I've tried Evernote but just couldnt get used to the layout so right now I'm trying ColorNote. Also I've used Dolphin HD before on my old tablet and liked it...so far the stock browser hasn't given me any issues so I havent been inclined to change but I'll probably give it another shot on the Le Pan.

lenballard

Dec 17, 2011
DolphinHD Browser (PS: dont know if anyone else has had this problem, but Opera wouldn't DL anything because it wouldnt recognize the LePan. Uninstalled.)
Netflix
Evernote for organization
Google Voice (so far the only way I have found to send SMS texts. Maybe I'm missing something, but it works, so whatever.)
Chess Free game, Sudoku, a few other games
Kindle
Comixology
4shared & 4shared music
sketchbook mobile
GPS
nook
imdb
tech crunch
appy geek
RSS Demon News & Podcast reader
Lookout security
mobo player
Dropbox (excellent app - don't pass it up - most useful thing on this machine hands-down.)
Perfect Viewer for comics
nifty thunderstorm live wallpaper. looks great, hasn't slowed me down a bit.

Great list i agree but must add mobo player anf skifta this is a great program one tip on video types the lepan only picks up a few but with mobo will play many take your 720p hd videos mkv files just add (.mp4) to the end then the lepan will pick them up as video files and mobo will play them geat

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

JulesVerne

Dec 14, 2011
I have just started loading apps, based on ones I read about here, and ones that I am using on my Foyo bases Galaxy S phone.

One useful app is: Multicon

it allows you to put more apps on each screen.
The tablet is perfect for this.. in place of 1 app icon, I'm using Multicon to place 4 apps (on the phone that was pretty tiny, but on the tablet, the smaller icons are still easy to press.)
You have to remember that it is a widget, so to get started after downloading the app, you have to make a long press on the screen where you want to place multicon, and then select it from the list and then populate each spot with the app you want to open.

.. Andrew

Last edited:

JulesVerne

Dec 14, 2011
Another one in a similar vein is . WiFiManager
It is well laid out, and very useful.

..Andrew

this was meant as a reply to Pugsley and :
" I've found the Wifi Analyzer app very useful in choosing the right channel for my wireless devices. "

Last edited: