Your favorite apps for the Le Pan ?

america94

Dec 21, 2011
For GPS that works great away from WiFi, I use Sygic (I am in Canada).
For video playback, although MOBO is quite good, i found a better one: MX video player...they have codec packs you can dowload as well on their website or on the market.
Although I have used Skifta, I now browse directly to my PC from my tablet with ES File Explorer...from there, just start the videos and voila! I found this much quicker and effective than going with Skifta.
Checkout also AirDroid, amazing little application to work on your tablet from your PC...great to manage apps as well.
Did you know you can download torrents from your tablet? checkout tTorrent (yes, with two T).

I have not tried video chat yet, anyone tried something besides Skype that works well?

GnatGoSplat

Dec 5, 2011
A few handy utilities I use are:
2X - To remote-desktop into my headless server or any one of my PCs (uses RDP, nothing needs to be installed on the PC).
Samba Filesharing - To access the tablet's sdcard storage through Windows Explorer.
Astro File Manager with SMB add-on - To access my Windows network shares.
ADW Launcher - Better than stock launcher, you can increase # of columns and rows, supports auto orientation, needs to be installed from apk because it's not visible in the Market.
MultiPicture Live Wallpaper - Lets you have a custom wallpaper on each home screen, or have a wallpaper that doesn't shift.
Amazon App Store - A different paid app for free, every day.

I have tried both Moboplayer and MX Player, both will play .avi files with no problem, but neither will play 720p .mkv files smoothly. I really can't tell which is the better video player. Oddly enough, I have this really crappy, super duper slow, total junk Zenithink ZT180 V2 tablet that is able to play the same 720p .mkv files super smoothly. Normally, that tablet lags horribly everywhere, and on Quadrant, it's barely faster than the HTC Magic, but it can play 720p .mkv without breaking a sweat. Go figure.

america94

Dec 21, 2011
yeah, I've given up on playing 720p .mkv files....too bad since I have this very large collection for my TV! For the kids, I am converting the mkv so they can watch their movies on their LePan.

lenballard

Dec 17, 2011
Just to try seems to work for me change your file mkv to mp4just the file name and the lepan seems to accept it better plays great here

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

iamtribble

Dec 8, 2011
Thanks gfinockio, I will check those out now.

Editing to add, I installed Prey but not sure if I have it set correctly. Does anyone else use it who can tell if this looks right?

panelpreyprojectcom2011-12-2820-48-25.png

Last edited:

gfinockio

Dec 8, 2011
I think that should work? You obviously can't text to activate, but you can set it using the Web...

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Tapatalk

iamtribble

Dec 8, 2011
I am trying to figure out how to test it. I use Android Lost for my phone and I can send a test "this phone is stolen" alert that automatically speaks the message but I am not sure how to test a tablet.

gfinockio

Dec 8, 2011
I am trying to figure out how to test it. I use Android Lost for my phone and I can send a test "this phone is stolen" alert that automatically speaks the message but I am not sure how to test a tablet.

Set that "Lost?" switch to on, and it should work in a couple of minutes?

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Tapatalk

iamtribble

Dec 8, 2011
I tried that earlier, I got an email that my tablet was stolen but I didn't hear any alarms. I will keep poking around and thanks for your help!

america94

Dec 21, 2011
Just to try seems to work for me change your file mkv to mp4just the file name and the lepan seems to accept it better plays great here

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

Thanks, I tried it...improved sound but still unwatchable for the files i tested...:(