Zeam Launcher

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Just found Zeam Launcher - a lightweight launcher alternative - that I'm really liking a lot.

Tried LauncherPro free version and, while it offers a lot more granular config options for how it displays things, Zeam is a lot more snappy on my Haipad M701-R. Especially like the "fullscreen" option that hides the notification/menu bar, set my main home screen to not have any icons on it so I have a clean, modern, minimalist look. Double tap on the homescreen to get thumbnails of other screens, or just swipe as usual. Works with Live Wallpapers.

It's available in the Android Market. Here's the developer web site: Zeam Launcher

Here's my new modified Home Screen, using TypoClock and BattStatt:
ZeamPortrait.png

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I'm more of a fan of Adw launcher

What's your clock widget there?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
@xaueious - My clock widget is TypoClock.apk - couldn't find it in Market so I got it off of a mediafire link. It's honestly not very configurable but it has alarms, can be 12 or 24 hour, and the text can be black or white, and it can only be positioned horizontally in the center of the screen.

ta2025

Oct 28, 2010
What if your Haipad can no longer access the Marketplace? (and yes, I have tried everything in the other forums).

Possie

Dec 28, 2010
Just found Zeam Launcher - a lightweight launcher alternative - that I'm really liking a lot.

Tried LauncherPro free version and, while it offers a lot more granular config options for how it displays things, Zeam is a lot more snappy on my Haipad M701-R. Especially like the "fullscreen" option that hides the notification/menu bar, set my main home screen to not have any icons on it so I have a clean, modern, minimalist look. Double tap on the homescreen to get thumbnails of other screens, or just swipe as usual. Works with Live Wallpapers.

It's available in the Android Market. Here's the developer web site: Zeam Launcher

Here's my new modified Home Screen, using TypoClock and BattStatt:
ZeamPortrait.png

Can you tell me how to remove icons on the homescreen?

kspn

Feb 21, 2011
I found this post via google, and decided to try it out.

The features I love:
* Customisable columns/rows
* Flexable dock screen
* Begin able to define the cols/rows of widgets!

Features I don't:
....Umm, havent found any yet....

It runs brilliantly on my ZTE V9, which is quite slow overall, and this definately beats the built-in launcher!

Took me about 30 seconds to work out how the thing works :)

kspn

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
ZeamLauncher is now my favorite launcher for RK2818 and TCC8902 tablets because of how lightweight it is.

I do not like the dock feature though. Too bad development has been stalled.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
@Possie: To remove icons from a home screen touch and hold the icon until it gets slightly larger. A trash can icon should appear above the dock. Drag the icon to the trash.

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
I have ZEAM on my Droid X and the three Coby 7015's I bought for our kids. It is indeed snappier due to it's lightweight, which is exactly why I like it. The new ADW with the fancy animations looks awesome, but will lag a lesser rig like the Coby. It will prolly lag the Droid X too, which is why I haven't paid for it. I did use ADW for several months on my DX before switching to Zeam - Zeam is quicker and the only thing I really miss was the ability to add more shortcuts/widgets to the homescreens.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I have a couple questions about Zeam Launcher:

1- Can you move the clock/time display to the center? It's on top of the back arrow on my S7.
2- Does "Reset to default" clear all the shortcuts, folders, etc. back to the way it was after install?

3- can you add or remove anything to the System bar, like the bluetooth and phone bars? (I don't use those, and wold rather see memory available or calendar/event alerts.)

4- Can you move a shortcut or folder to another screen? I have three screens.

5- are there any user DOCS?

thx

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I kinda like Zeam, with the shortcut dock. It's a lot like the app launcher on my Palm (ZLauncher.)

Would it be OK to uninstall the HOME app on the S7, or should I keep it in case Zeam chokes? It's 12 MB of stuff I could free up. I suppose if I delete it and Zeam crashes, then I couldn't even do the hard-reset?

thxZ

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I'm Back! I mean I got my new S7 direct from Huawei USA. It's still the old model with 2.1 on it, but I think the camera is a little better or sharper.

I was using the voice search on the old S7 before I installed Zeam Launcher on it, and since Zeam doesn't handle widgets, is there some kind of app that works the same way the voice search widget works? You could just put a shrcut on the dock area and it would always be right there for you. You wouldn't even have to change screens like before!

thx

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Ok, I'm a bit confused by something that's popped up twice in this thread. The criticisms that Zeam can't handle widgets or that you can't add more shortcuts/widgets to the homescreens?! That's news to me, given I have three homescreens filled with widgets and shortcuts and used Zeam to increase the grid size so I could add more.

Adding widgets/shortcuts/actions/folders is the same as with the native Launcher - hold down in some open space on a homescreen until the "add" dialog pops up and then add what you want.

Then in Zeam if there's not enough room on a homescreen you can either add it to a less populated one, or go into Zeam's preferences and add another empty homescreen or change the grid size to accommodate more items.

Menu>Preferences>Workspace>Number of Screens
Menu>Preferences>Workspace>Number of Rows / Number of Columns

Or, if it's a shortcut to an app, you can (as has been pointed out) simply add it to your dock.