[ZiiO] Shell Root + Fully Working Android Market and Ad-Hoc Fix!

Stonik

Jul 20, 2011
My home buttons work normally. Did you check out the code.google.com link a few posts earlier?

Here are my keyboard layout files anyway: http://db.tt/NegxDhd

Sent from my ZiiO10 using Android Tablet Forum

avator

Jul 21, 2011
My home buttons work normally. Did you check out the code.google.com link a few posts earlier?

Here are my keyboard layout files anyway: http://db.tt/NegxDhd

The Files are same. no diference

I testet the solutions from code.google.com..
No one work...

cant find in
/data/system/packages.xml:
<disabled-components> <item name=&#8221;com.android.setupwizard.SetupWizardActivity&#8221; /> </disabled-components>

or any cut cannt find setupwizard under activity.

Today or Tomorow i try to do it agin.
I make Facory reset and do it agin.

If your home button work corectly, the question is what dit me worng.

Are you sure you copy´d all files from google archive ? My google Archive have 4 Folders: lib, app,framework and premmisions.

We know Setupwizard.apk make errors. Have you copy setupwizard.apk or not ?

dbrems have same problem like me with homebutton. your not. mayby have you did some other steps like me and dbrems.

Last edited:

Stonik

Jul 20, 2011
I just checked and I have no SetupWizard.apk in my /app folder. I thought I had installed it before rooting from sd-card, but maybe I've uninstalled it later. So that might explain why I have no problems with home buttons. I didn't push it to ZiiO because I in my opinion it already was there.

Edit: There's a lot of discussions going on in XDA about SetupWizard.apk and home button not working. I have to figure out what's wrong with it.

Last edited:

Stonik

Jul 20, 2011
avator, one more try before wiping everything, let's try to edit /system/build.prop file.

1) adb pull /system/build.prop

2) Make a backup copy of the file and rename it to build.prop.backup or something.

3) Open build.prop and scroll to line that says"ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL"

4) Change to "ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED"

5) Save changes

6) db remount

7) adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

8) Reboot

Source: CM4Cliq (WIP) A Cliq Cyanogenmod Alpha 3 r2 - Simply Android

OnZo

Jul 23, 2011
Stonik I want to thank you so much for this guide, just got my ZiiO yesterday and not having the market was quite a letdown, so I grabbed your guide today and tried it my findings are the following:

Just followed your guide to the letter got to one tiny problem with the usb drivers, instead of ZiiO [unknown device] it showed ZMS08 [unknown device] and it wouldn't grab the driver lines I added after a quick google search I came to the following forum post on XDA developers and got it fixed: [Q] Creative ZiiO doesn't appear on adb devices list - xda-developers

I added the following line (with compliments to XDA developers):
; Creative Ziio 7"
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install,
USB\VID_2350&PID_0102
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install,
USB\VID_2350&PID_0102&MI_01

This made it work, kinda weird though adding the usb driver for the 7" ZiiO but oh well it works who cares?

Just followed your guide to the end there, and I was quite surprised after the restart I had no problems at all with wifi and no problems with my home button everything simply works.

The market works like a charm now, thanks a lot!

avator

Jul 21, 2011
You must add the lines under
[Google.NTx86] or/and under [Google.NTamd64], one is for win 32 bit other for 64 bit

example
[Google.NTamd64]
; HTC Dream
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C02&MI_01
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0FFF
; HTC Magic
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C03&MI_01
;
;Moto Sholes
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_41DB
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_22B8&PID_41DB&MI_01
;
;Google NexusOne
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02&MI_01
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E11
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E12&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E22&MI_01
; Creative Ziio 10"
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2350&PID_0102
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2350&PID_0102&MI_01

Ok guys my Home Button work now.

I make yesterday factory reset.
Aftar a Factory reset all google files stay in /system/
and rooted appys like Kindle, Audible stay deleted.

Simple make Factory Reset, and after startup google apps work.
Make sure to delete SetupWizard.apk, maybe its only for phones not for tablets.

After google apps worket, i maked manualy root with ADB

Push Psneuter , chmod it, started it
Push busybox, and Su bin , i pushed both in two follders /system/bin/ and /sbin/ maybe i must dnot dit it, but after i pushed su only in /sbin/ root not wored
and Pushed superuser.apk in /system/app
and rm /data/busybox/su if exists. my was delet last time. i think its a creative file and have conflicts with other SU file was i pushed.

Stonik

Jul 20, 2011
Thanks for OnZo and avator for the latest messages! Keep the posts coming, it's really good to hear that the modifications work. I also edited the first post and replaced the driver additions with the ones in OnZo's post.

CvRudo

Jul 31, 2011
Thanks for this job!!, i was really dissapointed about this tablet but now the felling is better, i didn't have problems with the guide, after i have some problems with apps like: facebook or twitter, i had to reinstall them, my question is about the market, because it doesn't have a lot of apps, facebook is not there, so can i update the market with some new apk?, thanks for the help and sorry for my english.

Stonik

Jul 20, 2011
I had the same problem too, there were lots of apps missing in Market. I followed the guide in here: arctablet.com/blog/archos-tablet/google-android-market-full-access-fix/

I had to reboot two or three times as the market app kept crashing every time I opened it. But finally it just started working normally.

appe

Jul 29, 2011
Thanks Avator for the links, now I have a full rooted ziio10 according to the xda-devolopers guide (Thanks to them 2).
Now I have one quetion: how to get skype working in ziio10?. it install corectly but when you call somebody or somone call you it
ring but when you push the button for answering the line goes off immediatly.

Thanks in advance for you answer.

avator

Jul 21, 2011
Thanks Avator for the links, now I have a full rooted ziio10 according to the xda-devolopers guide (Thanks to them 2).
Now I have one quetion: how to get skype working in ziio10?. it install corectly but when you call somebody or somone call you it
ring but when you push the button for answering the line goes off immediatly.

Thanks in advance for you answer.

I have same Problem with skype.
Skype works, but calls and video calls dnot work. Chat work.
Camera work to, i edit my skype profle, and i can make a Image from me with intigred camera.

I alredy postet this Problem in Skype Tread @ XDA devolopers. no good answer until now.

I found it in german android blog:
Translated with google...

ong's has not lasted: After Skype yesterday a new version of its Android app was released, which now finally offers video chat, many were disappointed, for the video function is only supported on four devices, which are to under-represented in global Android devices park sooner. Resourceful tinkerer but have now caught the Skype APK and modified so that the video chat works on other devices.

The modification comes from pulser, a moderator at XDA-ROM and known modders. According to XDA is in the app is a simple text string in which the devices are allowed - this string is modified to function well as other smartphones

maybe there is no string for Ziio´s ;)

Last edited:

appe

Jul 29, 2011
It's like as rooting ziio in first time they said (No rooting for Ziio :) ).

Let's hope that the XDA guys give attention and more time for Skype Ziio.

nordman

Aug 8, 2011
Thank you Stonik, your instructions were just what I needed!!
I got a brand new ZiiO 7 (our biggest department store sold them for a bargain price ;)), immediately upgraded the OS to Android 2.2 and did the hacking according to your instructions. Now the Market is working and I'm able to use adhoc WiFi with JoikuSpot. Just perfect! I'm actually quite happy with the device now.

But like others, I also noticed that Skype is not working. And I'm experiencing problems with video capture, too. I can use the camera to take still pictures but whenever I switch to video recording mode the camera application crashes. Anyone else having the same problems?

EDIT:
Stonik, I think there is a small typo in your instructions:
16) ... adb push Vending.apk /system/app/ <---there is an extra slash "/" at the end of the line.
Should be:
adb push Vending.apk /system/app

Last edited:

Kenif

Jan 20, 2011
I'm struggling to get windows (vista 64) to install the driver for the Ziio 7

I've installed it as a "Android ADB Interface"