[ZiiO] Shell Root + Fully Working Android Market and Ad-Hoc Fix!

Kenif

Jan 20, 2011
Got windows accepting the driver and i've pushed the apks.
Do I need to push the framework, lib and permission files?

EDIT:
My Ziio was crashing whilst using the market so I pushed these files (permission files didn't go as easy)

Ziio still crashes on the market.

EDIT AGAIN:

Despite the small crashes on the market - this is brilliant.

Ad-hoc is great. Top work!

Last edited:

Stonik

Jul 20, 2011
EDIT:
Stonik, I think there is a small typo in your instructions:
16) ... adb push Vending.apk /system/app/ <---there is an extra slash "/" at the end of the line.
Should be:
adb push Vending.apk /system/app

Thanks nordman, will edit the first post. As it seems the guide is working, I'll remove the beta status. Thanks for everybody!

CvRudo

Jul 31, 2011
Hi everybody again, i hope you can help me again. my problem is with the android market, it doesn't update, and the solution posted doesn't work too. i still have the old version of the market.

bofh100

Aug 27, 2011
Hi everyone - I followed the instructions at the beginning of this thread, carefully, slowly, step by step and I've hit a wall at the SuperOneClick stage.

My ZiiO 7" is showing correctly within device manager as Android Composite ADB Interface using the Google USB v4 driver -good

Connected with USB debugging on, windows (vista 32bit) happy - good

Downloaded and ran SuperOneClick v1.7 - not good. It runs, kills ADB server then restarts it, then the daemon, but then reaches a point of "Not Responding" whilst "waiting for device". In command prompt, running the ADB push command simply shows "device not found".

Any ideas anyone ????

oturw

Sep 2, 2011
I've installed the market place but after reboot I stuck in "Welcome to Ziio7
Touch the android to begin."
I press the android but it just flashes and don't do anything. what should I do?

EDIT:
After I've got my heart attack I started to repair it. finally this is the solution that worked for me:
You must have a micro sd card that is bigger than 128 mb (I used an 512 mb card)
1. press the power button until the ziio shut down
2. then press and hold the volume up button and press the power button until the ziio recovery don't don't stop
3. you have to download the firmware for your ziio from here and put the file on the root of the micro sd card.
4. then you have to put in the ziio the card and choose "install firmware) (you can navigate with your volume down button to go down in the menu . and the volume up for the select)
5. if you downloaded the right firmware the ziio will reinstall the firmware if it is the wrong one then download the other firmware from the download page.
6. if after install the ziio one of the buttons don't work (In my case the home button was dead) you have to turn of the ziio and go to the recovery mode again in this time use factory reset.
7. Enjoy

I hope I could help you all!

Last edited:

avator

Jul 21, 2011
@ oturaw

Read all 4 Pages and you find solution for you problem.
setupwizard.apk is your problem

AustinZoomRx8

Sep 7, 2011
First I want to thank this forum for guiding me with the whole SuperOneClick/rooting process. Everything from Gmail to the Market seems to be working greatl I was even able to update to the newest version of the market 3.1.3 with the same process. That works as well and seems to be pretty stable. I am just having one strange issue. When I search for an application no matter how many results come back. I seem to only be able to scroll down a page. For example: I do a search for "Live Wallpapers" says it found over 28000 results but I can only see the first 22 or so. That seems to be the same with all the searches. Also the new market doesnt appear to have the movie section but does have the apps and book sections. This happens on the new version as well as the old version.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AustinZoomRx8

Sep 7, 2011
Tried that as well but having the same issue. Seems like it may be a more common problem. Pulled this off the Android market website.
"Some users have reported that when searching in the Android Market app, they get a large number of results, but they're unable to scroll beyond the first page of those results. We're aware of this issue, and we're currently investigating. "Having this issue? Reported.

pablolite

Sep 10, 2011
Hello,
Does anyone know how to install the synchronization of google calendar and google documents?
I got perament root device (i use this tutorial: xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Root Creative ZiiO 7" Android 2.2).
I install market and google apps like in 1 post and in Sync Settings i see only: GMAIL.
Try to create new account doesnt work...

$root.jpg

Thanks,
Pawe&#322;

ps. sorry for me english :)

CvRudo

Jul 31, 2011
Hi everybody, a new update for Ziio appears today, this tutorial can be applied in this update?. Thanks everyone :D

nordman

Aug 8, 2011
I have tested with the update and it works :)
I haven't done the firmware update yet... But could someone tell me whether the market and adhoc fix stop working after the update, i.e. do I have to do the hacking again when I have updated my device?

I believe Android market app should update itself to a newer version automatically but this version probably doesn't do that? Where could I find the files needed for a newer market app and can it be installed the same way? Thnx in advance! :)

oturw

Sep 2, 2011
after the update you have to hack the device again because the update will delete all of the "pushed" files (the programs that you have installed in the legal way will work flawlessly)
I don't think that the market updates itself but I hope I'm wrong about that.I think you can install (almost) everything in this way.

Tranthom

Oct 13, 2011
There was a new update recently. build 2.00.14

I push it into a new ziio and try to root it AFTER with no success.

I would like to warn people to ROOT BEFORE updating.

I would also appreciate if somebody could help me to achieve the root on this new pad :(

thanks