Zixoon z78 Android 2.2 Tablet PC WM8650 - Your thoughts?

Jun 2, 2011
What do you think - is it a good device in $100 range based on the specs?
Processor: WM8650
RAM: 256 Mb
Flash: 2 GB
Support Flash 10.2
Support different 3G usb dongle
Display: 7" 800x480
Touchscreen: 2 touch Resistive
Camera: 1.3 MP
Battery: 4400 mAh
Wi-Fi module
IEEE 802.11n, 1T1R, up to 150Mbp
2 USB ports

here is a youtube video that I found -

Last edited by a moderator:

Neocrypton

Jul 20, 2011
I have bought this Tablet PC 2 weeks ago for 95 €.
I'm satisfied with the cost/performance ratio.
The Tablet PC has Android 2.2 but not the original Android-Market and you can't installed the original-market.
At the moment, i look for a possibility to root this Tablet.

The Tablet works fast and without crashes.

Windows XP doesn't find any drivers to work with this Tabelt via an USB communication (Not Plug n' Play)

The Tablet supported Web-Sticks:
WCDMA (HUAWEI E220/E230/E169G/E160X/E1750)
CDMA2000 (Bora9380/AWIT-U8/Rate-EC186)
and
TC-CDMA (TD368), but i haven't testet this Web-Sticks because i have only a HUAWEI E160E.

The battery run-time is between 3.5 and 5 hours and i haven't found a spare rechargeable battery.

External Volume Down/Up-Buttons are not given, there are in the toolbar at the top of the screen

The Zixoon supported Micro-SD cards up to 32 GB. I have insert at moment a 16 GB Micro-SD card

In Delivery are included:

The Tablet Zixoonz78
a Protect-Bag for the Tablet
a Data-Cable
earphones and a Charger

Finally but not least :) sorry fpr my Bad english, but i hope you can understand my review :)

Neocrypton

Jul 20, 2011
but i think the WiFi quality is okay, @ Home we have 3 Rooms, a corridor and a Bathroom. i have checked out the connectivity by my home for the Zixoon z78 in the following Image.
with my smartphone i have no red ranges. The WiFi from my smartphone i have very small orange ranges and a little bigger yellow range. with my notebook i have no orange und red ranges and a very small yellow range and the green and light green ranges are bigger :)

$connectivity.JPG

if I sit on the toilette the WiFi Connection with the zixoon z78, sometimes break down the WiFi connectivity and i have to dance on the toilette to rebuild the Wifi signal

Sorry for my very bad english i hope you understand me :)