New WonderMedia WM8650 Android Tablet PC

caci24

Dec 26, 2011
okaii just followed the steps to get the new faster software and it download and worked great now it wont go any futher than U3EROID can any one help me please im really stuck!!!

lilelinusa

Dec 27, 2011
Hey guys!! im completely new at this! I have a wm8650, 7 inch, GREEN LED. 3g, android 2.2 version. I´ve read a through the forums about re-rooting the device..mainly i want live wallpaper and MARKET. ALSO, i´d like to be able to open the stuff that my professors upload to the webcampus (i have docs to go, and OFFICE suite app, but everytime i try to open them, it just gets hung up on : WAITING DATA CONNECTION..)

Thanks guys!!!

paskuniag

May 14, 2011
Just purchased a tablet running 2.2 from around 88 pounds from the Babikenshop. Will let you know how i get on with 2.2.

Quoth: "I sold that 7 inch tablet for two reasons . Firstly there was only the App market and no android market and secondly that horrible 24 pin connector which only had 1 out of 2 usb working."

For anyone who is frustrated (like yourself) with the limited (non) Market App pre-installed, there is a solution. Go to the App Planet mobi website and it will install a real Market app onto your tablet. They also have a Z4 app there. I installed the Z4 app without a hitch. It's supposed to work on most Apads, but DL it at your own risk. If you are not sure, don't, at least until you've read the disclaimers.
Yeah, the pin connector is really dopey. I can't figure out how to connect my PC to it, so I'll just use a USB stick for now.

chraven69

Feb 2, 2012
Anybody can make a screenshot or a list who HAS flash in browser from the com.wmt. programs in task manager - wondermedia section?

Looks like I did uninstalled a wmt program and I dont have now flash in browser.

This is mine:

View attachment 1953

Gegsite

Hi factor ydata resting it. You will find it under settings , privacy. Think it will set it back to how you first got it :)

UmerArfi

Feb 2, 2012
Dear fellows,

I have recently purchased (7" Android 2.2 Tablet PC 3G GSM WCDMA Unlocked Smartphone Mobile WIFI Black) whose model is M-780 8650; picture attached as,
2Q==

I have seen good stuff about honeybeecomb over the internet but tried almost all the models but it wont worked with any. some helped to start it up to desktop but no sound and no LCD calibration. I have also tried through connecting mouse but after completing the calibration msg appears "calibration failed". I have just purchased it and seems lost my around 100 dollars in air. Please help me...

y2kcortez

Feb 2, 2012
THANK YOU ! I too registered just to say thanks. This worked for my wm8650 from china. Some apps don't run due to the slow processor, but all show up nonetheless. THANK YOU !!

paskuniag

May 14, 2011
Yes, it supports flash 10.1.

You and all other new users note: You can root the 8650 with z4, which you can get by going on your browser to Applanet. You can also flash your ROM easily. You can find that information elsewhere on this site. Doing both the above steps will speed up your tablets and enable you to get better apps. Don't worry if your new tablet is acting crappy; the 8650 is just an ugly duckling waiting for you to turn into a swan.

Have fun!

Last edited:

mohsenwily

Jan 9, 2012
My tablet specifications are as following:
Model Number: WonderMedia WM8650
Android Version: 2.2
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-default
Build Number: generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver 1.5.1-20110708.022253
Green LED
36 GB SD card
10" monitor

Although it is mentioned in tablet's manual that it is not possible to format the SD card, when I tried format instruction with SD card out, probably the ROM was formatted!!! I tried all number in changer.bat but I couldn't re-root it. Anybody can suggest a solution for this awful Chinese tablet?

SkippW28

Feb 11, 2012
I just got a WM8650 Android 2.2... So far its a piece of crap... I have a wifi network running with Blackberry, Iphone, Ipod, Ipad and Droid phones connected. So I know how it works and the parameters.. However this 8650 will not a. recognize the network nor will it connect. I have rebooted moden, changed the PW, to no avail. If it doesn't have wifi its of no use to me. Does anyone know a fix to this? Please!?!?!

Thanks!

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
@SkippW28, please search the forum for "wireless". There are tons of posts on this issues. Here's the text of one post I put in on this:

There are tons of posts on wireless issues in the forum. It appears to me that many of the issues are actually related to the routers or the type of security you are using. It seems as if these tablets can't handle the latest and greatest in security and are sensitive to the type or brand of wirelessrouter. If you search the forum you'll find lots of hints on what to try. One of the best ways to see if that is the problem you are having is to go somewhere you have access to free unsecure wireless (library, McDonalds, Starbucks, etc.) and see if you can connect there. If you can, then you'll need to look at your security type (some members have reported that only WEP would work) or even getting a different router.

mohsenwily

Jan 9, 2012
I just got a WM8650 Android 2.2... So far its a piece of crap... I have a wifi network running with Blackberry, Iphone, Ipod, Ipad and Droid phones connected. So I know how it works and the parameters.. However this 8650 will not a. recognize the network nor will it connect. I have rebooted moden, changed the PW, to no avail. If it doesn't have wifi its of no use to me. Does anyone know a fix to this? Please!?!?!

Thanks!

Please be aware that wm8650 is a terrible tablet. Here you can find many Chinese merchants that pretend it works but never believe their suggestions in these forums. All of them are indirect advertisements!

ginpa898

Feb 20, 2012
I like the way you say...............when the flash comes to the next model. Its the same with google all over again.Google have created all this problem and not the chinese. Google offer software that needs to be paid for because what you get is the bare bones. Its like getting an email system. You can write a message but you cant post it. The market is not clever but its dangerous to the honest person. Need to be a cowboy to get on in this world now.My MID is bricked cause of android market or the equivelent market. You cant do this and you cant do that. Nothing allowed. thats why we try to change our models so we have make some use of our money. Who said $100 is cheap. Its ok if you are a millionaire. Then you would'nt need a cheapie like some of have at the moment. Just a comment. No an argument.

ginpa898

Feb 20, 2012
I think I have the same model my friend. The most horrible little china man that came from china.The reason we have so much trouble with this model is no 1..people dont describe the unit correctly. I pulled my China MID apart and took note of all the numbers. I checked againt these on google. There is one chip in that model which has a total black face. No lettering what so ever. I believe it might be the controller for the ethernet connector
Just an observance