3.2 and App to SD

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
So, it seems that 3.2 STILL doesn't support moving apps to your SD card. That's disappointing. I have an app that purports to do it but it doesn't work. If anyone has it working let me know!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
This won't work in any Honeycomb tablet.

Some apps will store data on the External_SD, but that is up to the App developer.

Tablets have more memory than low-end phones. Android does not want to encourage
manufacturers to make tablets with inadequate internal memory for apps, so this
feature is intentionally missing and probably won't be in any version of Android after
Ice Cream.

Put your media, music, pictures, Movies, etc on your External_SD card, and leave the
tablet internal memory for applications. It takes a boatload of applications to fill 16gig.

tigercaron

Apr 8, 2012
I couldn't find a topic to cover my machine the Lenovo Ideapad K1: I just purchased a 32 GB SD micro card, I was also unsuccessful at moving apps to it. I put the card in- it is recognized but even when I try to more picture files, I am unable to find to card as an option working with the FILE MANAGER app.I tried to get some answers from the Philippine kid who works customer support, but Lenovo's tech support is worthless. Do I need to format the sd card or something?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I couldn't find a topic to cover my machine the Lenovo Ideapad K1: I just purchased a 32 GB SD micro card, I was also unsuccessful at moving apps to it. I put the card in- it is recognized but even when I try to more picture files, I am unable to find to card as an option working with the FILE MANAGER app.I tried to get some answers from the Philippine kid who works customer support, but Lenovo's tech support is worthless. Do I need to format the sd card or something?

Well, I'm no expert on the Lenovo, but assuming it is at least Android 3.2, you should already understand from the above thread that you can't use it to move Apps to the add-in sd card

In a decent file manager such as ES File Explorer or File manager HD, you can create directories and move photos and music to the add in MicroSD card.

The absolute path to the card is /mnt/external_sd
In Es File manager, hit the star icon, then select / then select mnt then select /external_sd
In File Manager HD, use the up arrow, then go to External_sd

tigercaron

Apr 8, 2012
Well, I'm no expert on the Lenovo, but assuming it is at least Android 3.2, you should already understand from the above thread that you can't use it to move Apps to the add-in sd card

In a decent file manager such as ES File Explorer or File manager HD, you can create directories and move photos and music to the add in MicroSD card.

The absolute path to the card is /mnt/external_sd
In Es File manager, hit the star icon, then select / then select mnt then select /external_sd
In File Manager HD, use the up arrow, then go to External_sd

Thanks for the tips. You gave me more than the Tech Support for Lenovo has. Much appreciated.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Seems the same down here. It took them 8 goes at fixing my work laptop and they still couldn't get it going. They replaced everything but the case and the screen. Had similar issue with Dell e4300 - they couldn't fix it either. Replaced laptop and that one was worse than the original. My work colleagues call them Craptops - they supplied whole company with these duds.